• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio - customizing global styles

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Adobe Portfolio, using the Sawdust theme, and am trying to apply global text styles to pages I've already created, but it does not seem to be applying those styles across the whole site - styles only changes if I highlight each block of text and change it manually.
I've tried to update globally a number of ways...

-I highlight a block of text and choose "Paragraph" in the dropdown, but the styling does not change to the global Paragraph style I've already set. 

-I go to Media Content Styles > Paragraph and change the global styling there, changes are not applied site wide.

-Under Site Wide > Colors & Font, the only options I see are a single color palette and font dropdown menu with the font I chose as my Paragraph font, but that font has not been applied anywhere except where I've changed it manually.

Is this just a glitch in the Portfolio platform?

Is there any way to view the HTML or custom CSS outside of the WYSIWYG editor to ensure the styles are being applied correctly?

I would also like to add new text styling (eg H1 / H2 / H3, bulleted lists, etc etc) - is there any way to do this vs simply editing the few existing default styles?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Welcome to Adobe Portfolio.  Don't over complicate things.  This is a very simple, closed CMS.  We have no access to the HTML, CSS or JavaScript code.  I think what you want are the global page styles -- see screenshot.  NOTE: this removes custom styles you may have applied to the page previously.  Repeat this on your project pages.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Adobe Portfolio.  Don't over complicate things.  This is a very simple, closed CMS.  We have no access to the HTML, CSS or JavaScript code.  I think what you want are the global page styles -- see screenshot.  NOTE: this removes custom styles you may have applied to the page previously.  Repeat this on your project pages.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, don't overcomplicate things? That's a nice one in this case. Just like others here: it takes hours to change pages or collections one by one. Moreover, placing a photogrid (width etc.) can be done in several ways, each changing the next. Those global page styles are just about nothing when the user cannot change this style to his or her liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Luidspreker,

Excuse me, do you have a question for this user-to-user forum?  If so, please start a new topic.  This discussion from 2019 was already answered. 

The product engineers don't lurk here.  Feel free to submit Portfolio feedback & feature requests directly to Portfolio's UserVoice below.

https://adobeportfolio.uservoice.com/forums/921673-adobe-portfolio-feedback-suggestions

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other Portfolio help may be obtained at the links below
https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us
https://portfolio.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more details, see this help article.  Scroll down to Step #6

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/how-to/create-portfolio-website.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, with the exact same theme..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines