Highlighted

Adobe Portfolio missing features

Explorer ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm posting here since there seems to be no Adobe Portfolio forums. There are a few basic features missing from Portfolio that I'd like two mention. Two come to mind right now:

1. There's no option to disable/ enable ligtbox on single images. This setting either enables or disables it for the whole site. So I have a portfolio with illustrations and I find the lightbox feature useful so I can have thumbnails that can be enlarged by clicking on them. However, if I add a picture of myself in an about page, that image is ALSO clickable and opened in a lightbox. To me that feels cheap, like something out of an early blogger site.
  2. Once an image gets opened by lightbox, it goes full height on your screen. However, there's a secondary zoom if you click on the image. I'd like this setting to be optional. Maybe I don't want my images to be blown up larger than the screen. The dirty workaround is to have your images in a small resolution so it's not that large, but I imagine that affects the image cuality on retina screens. 

Those are just some basic missing features I came accross while building my portfolio and they're so basic I can not believe they haven't been addressed yet. Please Adobe, show some love for your customers already.

Cheers.

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Portfolio missing features

Explorer ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm posting here since there seems to be no Adobe Portfolio forums. There are a few basic features missing from Portfolio that I'd like two mention. Two come to mind right now:

1. There's no option to disable/ enable ligtbox on single images. This setting either enables or disables it for the whole site. So I have a portfolio with illustrations and I find the lightbox feature useful so I can have thumbnails that can be enlarged by clicking on them. However, if I add a picture of myself in an about page, that image is ALSO clickable and opened in a lightbox. To me that feels cheap, like something out of an early blogger site.
  2. Once an image gets opened by lightbox, it goes full height on your screen. However, there's a secondary zoom if you click on the image. I'd like this setting to be optional. Maybe I don't want my images to be blown up larger than the screen. The dirty workaround is to have your images in a small resolution so it's not that large, but I imagine that affects the image cuality on retina screens. 

Those are just some basic missing features I came accross while building my portfolio and they're so basic I can not believe they haven't been addressed yet. Please Adobe, show some love for your customers already.

Cheers.

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look here.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/adobe-portfolio-helpful-resources/td-p/10993908?page=1

There is no dedicated support forum for Portfolio on this system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it is, Portfolio is more than adequate for showcasing examples of work online.  But I don't use it as my main website.  It's too limited.

Feel free to submit feature requests directly to the Portfolio / Behance team where they'll see them.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines