• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio uploading photo content--only from Lightroom albums?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble understanding why the Portfolio product and its online templates do not appear  to allow for adding content to photo gallery pages other than through links to other outside sites, or directly from a Lightroom "Album", but not from local content like folders of exported content directly available on the local computer.  And i can't find "Albums" as a point of collection except perhaps in the mobile app--its not even mentioned in Lightroom Help.

I must be missing something obvious, or the site templates offered are not intuitive. Can anyone suggest something?

I'd be grateful.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly Portfolio no longer has an active user-to-user forum.  So I will post some links below for you to bookmark.

Portfolio FAQ (Read Me)

Of course you may upload images or other media into Portfolio pages from your computer's hard drive.  I do it all the time because I like to optimize  images for the web in Photoshop CC, not Lightrtoom.   Click on the blue plus sign.  See screenshot for list of options.

Importing Lighroom collections or albums into your Portfolio saves many steps.  But it's not required that you use it.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But I cannot find the interface you show.  There is a left hand panel with Essentials, Site-Wide, This Gallery. But I cannot find a floating Toolbst the Adobe talks about. Nor the Plis sign or lefthand panel you show.

This could bve the most fraustrating softare I have ever used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old discussion and some things have changed.

I highly recommend that you use a good desktop browser like Chrome or Firefox that does not have script blockers. 

Reduce your browser's zoom settings with Ctrl +  - (minus) repeat as needed to display the entire screen.

In this screenshot, I am editing a Splash page, not a Gallery. 

image.png

A blue plus sign appears at the top for adding a new page.  When I hover my mouse over elements, a blue icon appears.  Click the icon to reveal other tools.

With any new software or app, the more you use it, the easier it gets.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines