• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio website / TV web browser incompatibility?

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an LG OLED TV. My Adobe Portfolio web pages loaded perfectly in the TV's web browser up until a few days ago. Now they do not. No system changes that I am aware of - perhaps there was an automatically applied software upgrade on the tv. All other non-Portfolio websites load fully on the tv - Adobe Portfolio pages seem to be the only ones affected. Not only my web pages but also ones created by a friend that I also cannot load. No problem with loading the Portfolio web pages on other Internet devices. An LG support agent told me to reset the TV to factory settings. I am reluctant to do that straightaway as I would then have to reload a bunch of stuff and I have some doubt that doing that would fix the problem that affects only websites that are generated from Adobe Portfolio. Any ideas and suggestions on what would be causing this problem and how I might overcome it before I go to the factory reset on the TV? 

The web pages partly load. I get only a grey screen but when I move my pointer over the screen I can see that the page web links or urls change but nothing happens when I click on that point to load the next page. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Hi Rivor,

All I can tell you is Portfolio & Behance are like the little red-headed step-children who sleep out back in the shed. They have a separate support system on Zendesk.  Nothing against Zendesk mind you, but it's not nearly as convenient as this space for getting quick answers to questions. 

Portfolio is not certified for use with TV browsers.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038045914-Supported-Browsers-and-Devices

"You can use the following browsers to edit and view

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John T Smith. Before posting I had searched around on the Adobe site looking for Portfolio-specific support but I did not find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rivor,

All I can tell you is Portfolio & Behance are like the little red-headed step-children who sleep out back in the shed. They have a separate support system on Zendesk.  Nothing against Zendesk mind you, but it's not nearly as convenient as this space for getting quick answers to questions. 

Portfolio is not certified for use with TV browsers.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038045914-Supported-Browsers-and-Devices

"You can use the following browsers to edit and view Portfolio:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that info Nancy. I had been using the TV browser very successfully for around 12 months to run my Portfolio web pages of galleries of photographs. Just as I am almost at the point where I can invite people to the house to show them my photos on the big screen TV, it has stopped working. Retore to factory settings did not fix the problem. Massively disappointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines