Highlighted

ADOBE SCAMMED / ADOBE SUBSCRIPTION SCAM / ADOBE SCAMMING / ADOBE RIPPED ME OFF / ADOBE TOOK MY MONEY

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I decided, after light-heartedly taking up photography during the Coronavirus, to buy the monthly subscription to Adobe for the Lightroom program to edit my photographs. It was NOT made clear AT ALL that this was a YEAR long subscription that could not be cancelled at any time.

I am personally disgusted with Adobe and will be leaving negative feedback on Trustpilot and other online trust organisations. I decided to buy the Lightroom software in good faith, and I get, well, for the benefit of the search engines... ADOBE SCAMMED / ADOBE SUBSCRIPTION SCAM / ADOBE SCAMMING / ADOBE RIPPED ME OFF / ADOBE TOOK MY MONEY / ADOBE WITHOUT PERMISSION.

I have a question for Adobe; why were the words "yearly subscription" or some information on the time period for the monthly subscription not used and only a monthly price given??? This is the crux of the argument and the deception! To those who say, "you should read the terms", I say: Why aren't the words YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION included on the clickable icon that displays the monthly price??? They were certainly not present when I decided to buy a MONTHLY subscription, that is for sure.

Adobe should understand that people are willing to pay a monthly fee for good quality software, but at the same time understand that the majority of customers do not want to be tied into a year long contract, this makes common sense!! Therefore, it should be equally clear that they should be EXTRAORDINARILY upfront about a monthly subscription which involves a yearly commitment, ON THE PAGE OF THE OFFER!!! But they do not, THIS is the issue and it would be naive to think this was an oversight by Adobe.

I will never buy software from Adobe again! Looking at the already present reviews on Trustpilot UK (take a look if you don't believe me) one can already see the FACT that Adobe are blatantly STEALING people’s money from their bank accounts through DECEPTIVE advertising / subscription tactics.

I hope potential Adobe customers will realise what a SCAM they are and go to a different company / download cracks for Adobe software. I'm sure Adobe will be fined several millions of dollars in the near future for these practices.

I also hope Adobe read this feedback and have the decency to email me with an offer of cancelling the "contract".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ADOBE SCAMMED / ADOBE SUBSCRIPTION SCAM / ADOBE SCAMMING / ADOBE RIPPED ME OFF / ADOBE TOOK MY MONEY

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I decided, after light-heartedly taking up photography during the Coronavirus, to buy the monthly subscription to Adobe for the Lightroom program to edit my photographs. It was NOT made clear AT ALL that this was a YEAR long subscription that could not be cancelled at any time.

I am personally disgusted with Adobe and will be leaving negative feedback on Trustpilot and other online trust organisations. I decided to buy the Lightroom software in good faith, and I get, well, for the benefit of the search engines... ADOBE SCAMMED / ADOBE SUBSCRIPTION SCAM / ADOBE SCAMMING / ADOBE RIPPED ME OFF / ADOBE TOOK MY MONEY / ADOBE WITHOUT PERMISSION.

I have a question for Adobe; why were the words "yearly subscription" or some information on the time period for the monthly subscription not used and only a monthly price given??? This is the crux of the argument and the deception! To those who say, "you should read the terms", I say: Why aren't the words YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION included on the clickable icon that displays the monthly price??? They were certainly not present when I decided to buy a MONTHLY subscription, that is for sure.

Adobe should understand that people are willing to pay a monthly fee for good quality software, but at the same time understand that the majority of customers do not want to be tied into a year long contract, this makes common sense!! Therefore, it should be equally clear that they should be EXTRAORDINARILY upfront about a monthly subscription which involves a yearly commitment, ON THE PAGE OF THE OFFER!!! But they do not, THIS is the issue and it would be naive to think this was an oversight by Adobe.

I will never buy software from Adobe again! Looking at the already present reviews on Trustpilot UK (take a look if you don't believe me) one can already see the FACT that Adobe are blatantly STEALING people’s money from their bank accounts through DECEPTIVE advertising / subscription tactics.

I hope potential Adobe customers will realise what a SCAM they are and go to a different company / download cracks for Adobe software. I'm sure Adobe will be fined several millions of dollars in the near future for these practices.

I also hope Adobe read this feedback and have the decency to email me with an offer of cancelling the "contract".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html
-LOTS of screen pics of the terms https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Creative-Cloud-One-Years-Subcription-help/td-p/10379854 in reply #4
-Purchasing FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Purchasing-FAQ-How-do-I-purchase-a-Creative-Cloud-members...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I actually read your reply on that thread already. However, there is nothing to suggest the "annual plan" cannot be cancelled at any time without penalty. Further, there is some ambiguity about the words "annual plan", I would like to see it replaced with "ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION". I still firmly believe that the wording and advertising is HIGHLY misleading.

Granted, I placed too much faith in Adobe, I thought as a reputable company they would not subscribe me to a service without being entirely clear.

ALSO, I did not realise that monthly payments could be taken from a bank account without setting up a direct debit / standing order! This is also why I assumed it was NOT a subscription. Another misleading circumstance in my point of view.

The screenshots you have provided do not convince me that Adobe is not cleverly misleading people into a subscription.

Also, it occurs to me that this is not a legally binding contract, could you comment please?

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note the highlights on the first screenshot, which is what you had to fill out in order to get the subscription. As you can see on the right, the Lightroom subscription is available only on an annual basis. You can't get it month to month. If you clicked the highlighted link, you would be taken to the terms and conditions page, and you can see that they clearly state there is a penalty for early cancelation (see second screenshot).

image.pngimage.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>not a legally binding contract

You need to ask a lawyer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An 8 year old understands what annual means.  This is not quantum theory. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines