Highlighted

Adobe Security Issue

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged on to Adobe's website to try to get a replacement copy of Adobe Photoshop Element 2018, after my computer crashed and destroyed all my applications.  When I logged in, Adobe ask me to submit a phone number for two factor authentication, which seemed like a good idea.  However, Adobe security then turned around and sent me a "Your Adobe security profile has changed" message in unencrypted email that included my phone number.  

Anyone with a little technical knowhow can capture any unencrypted data flowing over the internet.  Anyone with a little more knowledge can break into email servers and read unencrypted email.  Else why are all Adobe's pages served over HTTPS?  Why is an organization that is supposedly knowledgable about security committing such a serious security breach?

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Security Issue

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged on to Adobe's website to try to get a replacement copy of Adobe Photoshop Element 2018, after my computer crashed and destroyed all my applications.  When I logged in, Adobe ask me to submit a phone number for two factor authentication, which seemed like a good idea.  However, Adobe security then turned around and sent me a "Your Adobe security profile has changed" message in unencrypted email that included my phone number.  

Anyone with a little technical knowhow can capture any unencrypted data flowing over the internet.  Anyone with a little more knowledge can break into email servers and read unencrypted email.  Else why are all Adobe's pages served over HTTPS?  Why is an organization that is supposedly knowledgable about security committing such a serious security breach?

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Get Started forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines