• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Servers and Subscriptions

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install the Creative Cloud desktop app but was met with message - Unable to reach Adobe servers. I created a new Administrator Account in addition to my original Admin Account. This enables  of Creative Cloud (free) and I assume updates to my paid Adobe apps including PhotoShop and Acrobat. However, if I go ahead and download PS updates and other paid Adobe apps updates, using the new Admin Account, will my subscriptions be affected? For instance, I have a single user account for PS. I assume my Adobe subscriptions are tied to my email address or the computer IP address but (if the subscriptions are tied in any way to the Administrator Account)

will they be compromised if I update the apps?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Your Adobe account is not tied to a particular computer user profile.  If it were you would not be able to log-in to Creative Cloud from your other devices.   Your account is tied to your PAID Adobe ID and password. 

I don't have a Mac so I don't know if you need to re-install software under the new user profile or not.  Try it and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To access Photoshop and Acrobat you must be signed-in to Creative Cloud with your PAID ID and password.

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click the gear icon > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar (top right image).
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your PAID ID and password. 

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basic problem was that I could not open CC Desktop App because I kept getting 'unable to reach Adobe Server,' each time I tried to download the Catalina-compatible CC app. My question is, if I try to update PAID Adobe apps using a new Administrator account on my computer, will the admin setting obviate in ny way my Adobe subscriptions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Adobe account is not tied to a particular computer user profile.  If it were you would not be able to log-in to Creative Cloud from your other devices.   Your account is tied to your PAID Adobe ID and password. 

I don't have a Mac so I don't know if you need to re-install software under the new user profile or not.  Try it and report back.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your feedback. I have solved the problem with being unable to download the Creative Cloud app to the Mac using Catalina. I found the solution online - I added a new Administrator profile to the Mac and downloaded CC with no problem using this new Admin account. Of course, the new Admin will use the same Paid Adobe ID and password so I can download CC and the upgrades to Photoshop and other applications I have. I haven't tried to download Creative Cloud on other devices and have no interest in doing so. Again, thanks for your interest and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines