Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe services [branched]

Participant ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Enterprise & Teams​]

But it's ok for Adobe not to respect the service agreement of course!

(Mmmm let me think of the services I had when I signed who's not there anymore?)

[Branched. This is a new topic.]

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

pierreh80104776  wrote

. . . Now with 7 post in the office and 4 outside we always got problem ( 75% of the IT Guy job is to fix bug adobe software create)

. . .

The specific volunteers don't answer questions Call customer service is not a answer and the "It's your machine' either. What I will like to these two Specific volunteers is stop answering when they don't have answers jsut for the sake of getting some point and after seing the website one of them is surely not a professional.

Hi Pierre,

I re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving discussion now Nancy? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pierre,

I just looked at all of the posts that you have made on the forums and see that you’ve entered a number of discussions to add disparaging comments on various threads about Adobe in general and about specific volunteers who answer questions.

Do you have a Creative Cloud account? If so, which applications do you use?

What is the issue that you are having with your Adobe products? I don’t see that in any of your posts, so if you can tell us that, perhaps we can help you.

You can answer here, and if it is about a specific application, we can move your post to the proper place so that you can get help for the application questions that you have.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using every application except maybe Dimension and Fuse ( 2 years in beta? Really?).

We are paying a lot for these software. When we start using it in 2010 the only word we could say was ''Wow" even the customer service was good. Now with 7 post in the office and 4 outside we always got problem ( 75% of the IT Guy job is to fix bug adobe software create)

When we speak about Adobe with others everyone agree this sotware is now a joke but since people are using it for so long it's hard to change ( learning curve as a price you know)

The specific volunteers don't answer questions Call customer service is not a answer and the "It's your machine' either. What I will like to these two Specific volunteers is stop answering when they don't have answers jsut for the sake of getting some point and after seing the website one of them is surely not a professional.

What we want fron Adobe ? Respect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pierreh80104776  wrote

. . . Now with 7 post in the office and 4 outside we always got problem ( 75% of the IT Guy job is to fix bug adobe software create)

. . .

Hi Pierre,

I read everything you posted, and I didn’t see anything about the problems you say you are having — I only saw a lot of discontentment which was mostly on threads started by others, which is why I am asking for clarification. This is a user-to-user forum and most of us are volunteers who are long-time users. There is some staff involvement, and there is a second forum for bug reports.

If you are having an problem now, can you tell us which application and what the problem is? That’s what I have not yet seen in any of your posts.

I have been using Adobe products for close to 30 years. Since I’ve been on the forums, I’ve learned that sometimes it’s the OS, sometimes it’s the drivers, sometimes it’s Suitcase or other software, sometimes it‘s the computer,  sometimes it's in the Adobe software, and sometimes Preferences need to be reset. Some of the ACPs are really good at determining which of these it is once they hear the problem and have the system specs.

As to what you said about points, I saw that thread, and you may not know that points do nothing for us. We get zero benefits from how many points we have. Most of us are here simply because we like to help people.

I see that we’ve been missing with you, and that’s why I wanted to check to see if you have any specific problems with applications that we can address. We don’t work for Adobe, but collectively we are pretty good with Adobe software.

Best,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the top of my head here's ten

1- Why do Adobe use us as Beta Tester?

2- Adobe Muse will be gone soon

3- Speaking about Muse there was a big bug two or three years ago, Why did it take 3 wekks to fix it?

4- Adobe get rid of Adobe On Location?

5-Adobe get rid of SoundBooth

6- Adobe get rid of Adobe Encore

7- The inconsistency between the software

8- Invasive software

9-Where are the asset who use to be free? ( Breach of contract?)

10-Why do Adobe stop creating new features and make the software stable?

and a bonus: the sign loop bug?  Since 5 year, never fixed, just some work around

For Adobe is only a waste of product development efforts. For us, it is hundred of hours wasted.

But don't worry starting this september we will warn our client that we won't use Adobe Software by the end of the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pierre,

You have some valid issues, but none are about how to use Adobe software that those of us who volunteer on the forum can  help with and we can't make changes since we don't work for Adobe. I'm sorry! Remember that unless it says STAFF, we do not speak for Adobe and any opinions are our own. I hope others will chime in.

Also, if it was a mistake to mark my answer correct, let us know and we can unmark it.

Untitled-1.jpg

#1 Adobe has prerelease for all of their software, and it does go through extensive testing. I know this last round had a lot of issues, some of which were caused by Mojave. I didn't see the same bugs on High Sierra.

#3 In my opinion, three weeks in not that long. With the small amount of programming I've done, I know that changing code in one place can affect multiple other places and it can't be rushed. For instance, Apple fixed some bugs with the first update to Mojave, then broke them again with the next update. Being careful avoids that kind of mistake.

I always download the newest app to play with it, but keep the previous and use that for production until the bugs are worked out. One ACP has said that he is the only one in his office with the new software until he okays it for the team after it is stable.

2,4,5,6: I don't know the reason officially, but over my 30 years, I've seen a lot of software get dropped by various companies. I found this list of discontinued Adobe products, and some have alternative products. (There are more than the four you listed!)

List of Adobe products that have been discontinued or are no longer supported

Would Premiere Pro work for you instead of OnLocation? I don't use either, so I don't know.

7. When I started using Photoshop, Illustrator, PageMaker (gone, replaced by InDesign), and Acrobat with the earliest versions, they did not ship together as a suite and were all released at different times. It wasn't until Creative Suite came out that they began to ship together and Adobe started to try to add consistency to vastly different programs. And every time they made a change for the sake of consistency, long-time users of another application screamed bloody murder. You can't change the zero point from the lower left to the upper right! You can't change Cmd+1 from the Red Channel to Actual Size! And then Adobe bought Macromedia and suddenly panes became panels, the only concession to Macromedia users. And so on. The apps are more consistent than they used to be. This may (or may not) explain the history of it.

8. Invasive? Explain.

9. Which assets?

10. A lot of people ask that one!

You didn't mention any specific software, but most applications have a platform on UserVoice for bug reports and feature requests and the engineers monitor that forum. We can help you find the right link or you can Google "acrobat + bug report" or "indesign + feature request", etc. It's best to report each separately so they can be voted on by other users.

The engineers need to hear your ideas. On this forum all we can do is help you when you have an issue with how to use the software.

Best,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

1- I'm oblige to say the window 10 software have the same ( and some others) problem.

3- Three week when you got client waiting and loosing money on it yes it's long we are talking about wannabe professional software here.

It's kind of hard to keep working on older version when some client are so keen to have the latest release. Once again it's supposed to be a pro level software.

2-4-5-6- Yes but it will be nice to know why exactly and to have alternative by the same company ( exemple when Golive was gone it was replace by Dreamweaver, When Encore was gone it was replaced by... nothing) with no explanation at all of course.

Sorry On Location and Adobe premiere don't do the same job.

7- Macromedia used to have really good software, there's no reason for such differnt learning curve between sotwate who should speak to each other.

8- Really simple example: 6 ot 7 month ago after a major Upgrade all of the images opened with XD... yop

9-The asset you could download for free directly from the Adobe Creative cloud panel Now it's on Stock, and not free. ( I'm waiting for Type Kit, now name Adobe Fonts to do the same thing really soon)

10- Yes! So why not?

it's important to have a real community to help each other, but If the only help you have is Adobe could do no wrong, there's a problem. Seen like using the community instead of real customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pierreh80104776  wrote

From the top of my head here's ten

1- Why do Adobe use us as Beta Tester?

2- Adobe Muse will be gone soon

1- The pre-release program is open to anyone who wishes to apply to be a beta tester.   Beta testers worek hard to identify bugs before products are released.  Despite our best efforts though, sometimes things slip through the cracks.   That's why we have a bug reporting and feature request form.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

It's the same at Apple,  Microsoft, Mozilla and other  companies where bugs are logged and fixed in a subsequent update.

2- Every software has an end of life.  It's inevitable. Surely you cannot blame Adobe for discontinuing products that have no future.  If everything stayed the same,  innovation would come to an abrupt end.

List of Adobe products that have been discontinued or are no longer supported

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1- No, a lot of things fell to the crackS. It's adobe job to check if the software is fit to be called pro grade and it's not.

2- Please stop demagoguery it had nothing to do with software inovation and I really hope you know it. It's normal for a software to evolve but how can it evolve if it's not there anymore ( how many people are using Muse?)

And once again being a yes man serve no one in a community. and moving discussion you don't like either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have an old saying in my country.  If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.  I invite you to join the pre-release programs to learn how it works. Being a beta tester is  a thankless job that pays nothing.  And you will be expected to find every bug and report it to the engineers so they can fix it before the release date otherwise customers like you will complain.  The ball is in your court, Pierre.  I hope you're up for the challenge. 

And once again being a yes man serve no one in a community. and moving discussion you don't like either!

I don't know what you're talking about. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines