Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct Answers

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020
Ebony_SM, Hello.See this post for downloads of past products, including CS6. * It seems that you can download from account management only if you purchased by direct order from Adobe. https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/cs6-master-suit-downloads/m-p/10823282

translate

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020
External drive is "about" $20 at Amazon   Since you bought on disc the download would not work for you, if it was working at all... which it is not

translate

Translate

Translate
replies 217 Replies 217
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your opportunity to use legacy Creative Suite ended with Mojave.  Revert to your previous OS.  And never upgrade your computer again. 

Or get modern 64-bit software that is compatible with Catalina.

OPTIONS:

Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

============

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

Is there any way to upgrade my MacBook Pro to the latest software and still use Illustrator (I'm also curretly still running CS6). That's the program I use most often (but do still use Photoshop as well sometimes).

Emily

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can’t have your cake and eat it too... if you want the great things in the new macOS you have to take the “great thing” that Apple blocked all old apps forever. Time to subscribe. Apple have said they will do it all over again in another couple of years  

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  It's technically impossible to run 32-bit apps on Catalina.  End of story.

You could dedicate a virtual machine or 2nd computer with an older OS on it to CS6.

https://appletoolbox.com/need-to-run-32-bit-apps-on-macos-catalina-use-a-mojave-virtual-machine/

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually a 64-bit app, but somehow mislabeled as being 32 bit, hence it is blocked.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  The 8 year old helper utilities (installers, uninstallers, help docs, etc...) are still 32-bit. So Catalina will never accept CS6.  Modern operating systems require modern software.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WilliamKF, being 64 bit doesn't help; it is not mislabelling or a mistake. Apple blocked all installs not "notarized", a thing they only just invented, to make sure all old apps were wiped out. That's as well as blocking 32 bit apps. All part of the Joy of Mac. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I purchased the Adobe CS6 Design Standard a few years ago. My computer crashed and I need to re-download the software I purchased: InDesign CS6, Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, Bridge CS6 and Acrobat. I found my serial number but can't seem to find where to download CS6 again. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mike

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That site (x-produckb...) no longer hosts the cs6 packages- at least i cant find the term, i had to download my 4GB of a package from the Good Old Adobe licencing website, which still is being used for good old Adobe Acrobat 8.0 selling:

https://licensing2.adobe.com/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMw==)/bc/bsp/sap/zavllogin/not_licensing.htm etc. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on ne peut pas télécharger il faut un compte LWS 😞

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

You can also download the trial version of the software thru the page linked below and then use your current serial number to activate it.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site and have cookies enabled in your browser or else the download will not work properly.

CS6: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I got CS6 Master Collection in art school as a part of my tuition payment. They gave me a serial number and everything. I no longer have that serial number. Everything was working fine until a week ago they told me my serial number expired and now I have to join the Adobe Creative Cloud. I already have all the programs. I've been using them for 3yrs. Now they don't work. Any idea of how to access my old serial number?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>they told me my serial number expired

That means you no longer have a valid serial number and your CS6 will not work... read below

Education CS6 serial number expire after 2 years https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1564342

-and https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1570498

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please send me Adobe CS6 master collection serial Key

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must BUY the serial number, you don't get it for free... and, since Adobe no longer sells CS6, you must have purchased it in the past to be able to install now

Lost information - see reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows

- includes link to your Adobe account to check for registered serial numbers

- when you find your serial number(s) write them down and put in a desk drawer

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a download link as Im trying to install on a new computer. Thanks for the help.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS6 and earlier you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link below does NOT have a download for an Education or volume license
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor
Download old programs https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys.

I chatted with Adobe on April 20th 2019 when I stopped using Illustrator CC.

Didn't want to pay for it anymore.

But I didn't want to buy a non-ligit licence either.

I chatted with them and asked about if a user that would want to buy a Adobe CS6 Master Collection "Permanent Licence", even if Adobe doesn't support it anymore, will it work ?

They never wanted to answer me (commit).

But the guy was always talking about authorized reseller and when I talked about mysoftwarekeys.com or  https://www.softwaresnow.shop, that can sell you a product key, I asked if it was ligit and the guy said he could not tell me.

Adobe cannot tell me what company is or not an authorized reseller.

So I took a chance with https://www.softwaresnow.shop.

I downloaded the software from Adobe as instructed, got the product key from them.

It worked from start of May to end of September when my Microsoft Windows 10 crashed, so I had to reinstalled everything.

When I got to the step where I entered the product key, Adobe displayed a windows where it tells me my product key is revoked. It worked for 5 months?????

I went back to the  https://www.softwaresnow.shop site, No Can Do.

It's closed.

But there is a second site,  https://www.softwaresnow.store.

They don't sell Adobe products anymore, but they sell Microsoft's.

Some are spreading the news on the net about a parallel income for Adobe from those who don't want to buy licence per month, so without a ligitimate support from Adobe, they buy from "not told from Adobe if a reseller is authorized" and buy from them, so people lose money, Adobe gets its cut, until they get back to a monthly licence, even from people that have a "permanent licence", and this gives ground for a class action. I don't know if it is even real. I'm still wondering if it is a good idea to participate because if a user cannot use his "permanent licence", anymore, it is called "fraud" and legally, they are right to sue.

I'm not there yet.

So.

Can anybody explain to me how this is possible.

I chatted with Adobe because I wanted to be ligit.

They couldn't tell me if the reseller is ligit but granted me access to my licence and then revoked it ????

Why they didn't revoked it when I first installed it ?

So is there a solution to that because I paid 300$US for the CS6 Master Collection, in good faith, and I cannot use it anymore.

I'm sure sobebody can find me a solution here from Adobe.

You got my email address

[Moderator]

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Hope to hear from you soon.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, we have the solution working here:

The problem is that the old serial number remains on the PC in a common file even after removing CS3.

Here is what worked for us:

1. Go to Adobe support page, key in CS3 activation. It will bring up the page on Activation or Connection error.

2. Sign in with Adobe login or create one.

3. It will ask for your CS3 serial number.  Key it in.  The page will respond with a new CS3 serial number.

4. Note the links further down this page for installing the new CS3.

5. Close out of CS3 and out of any browsers.

6. Go to control panel and de-install CS3 completely.

7. When this is finished, use File Explorer to find the AdobePCD folder in the c:Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe folder. Delete this AdobePCD folder. This is the one that has the old serial number that is preventing the new activation and it is not deleted by de-installing CS3.

8. Now click on each of the two file links (file 1 of 2 and file 2 of 2) noted above on the CS3 install page. These will spawn a loader program which you must accept and will take quite a quite a while to load. In the middle of the first load, a box will open noting a missing AdobePDF.dll file. Use the browse button and find the file at c:Windows/sysWow64/ Once you have chosen this path, click okay.  The first file load will complete, then click on file 2 of 2 and let it load.

9. Once the loads complete, open CS3. This time it will ask for the new serial number obtained from the Adobe website above. Key it in as noted.

10. Open CS3 again.  It will bring up a box to register. Click on "Never Register." Now you are done.

I have opened and used CS3 several times since the above procedure.  There is no longer an activation request.  So far, every function is working with Windows 10 (even if the program is not certified for Win10.)

I hope this will help someone avoid the hours I spent yesterday loading and reloading.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm. I can not thank you enough!!!!!!!!!! Finally a fix

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO, SO, SO much! I have spent 3 days, and countless hours on chat and the phone with Adobe.  I uninstalled, reinstalled multiple times and nothing worked!  I followed your step by step instructions, and am now up and running. I think the missing element is manually deleting the AdobePCD folder!  THANKS AGAIN!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a treat. thanks!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent a link to your page and it has resolved this issue for me too.  I spent a number of days uninstalling and reinstalling CS3 to no avail.  Thanks for your solution!!  Much appreciated and relieved!!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines