Adobe software support guidelines

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

External drive is "about" $20 at Amazon

Since you bought on disc the download would not work for you, if it was working at all... which it is not

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2020 0
214 Replies 214
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I got CS6 Master Collection in art school as a part of my tuition payment. They gave me a serial number and everything. I no longer have that serial number. Everything was working fine until a week ago they told me my serial number expired and now I have to join the Adobe Creative Cloud. I already have all the programs. I've been using them for 3yrs. Now they don't work. Any idea of how to access my old serial number?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 04, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>they told me my serial number expired

That means you no longer have a valid serial number and your CS6 will not work... read below

Education CS6 serial number expire after 2 years https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1564342

-and https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1570498

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2015 0
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please send me Adobe CS6 master collection serial Key

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2018 0
Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must BUY the serial number, you don't get it for free... and, since Adobe no longer sells CS6, you must have purchased it in the past to be able to install now

Lost information - see reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows

- includes link to your Adobe account to check for registered serial numbers

- when you find your serial number(s) write them down and put in a desk drawer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I purchased the Adobe CS6 Design Standard a few years ago. My computer crashed and I need to re-download the software I purchased: InDesign CS6, Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, Bridge CS6 and Acrobat. I found my serial number but can't seem to find where to download CS6 again. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2015 2
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That site (x-produckb...) no longer hosts the cs6 packages- at least i cant find the term, i had to download my 4GB of a package from the Good Old Adobe licencing website, which still is being used for good old Adobe Acrobat 8.0 selling:

https://licensing2.adobe.com/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMw==)/bc/bsp/sap/zavllogin/not_licensing.htm etc. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on ne peut pas télécharger il faut un compte LWS 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

You can also download the trial version of the software thru the page linked below and then use your current serial number to activate it.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site and have cookies enabled in your browser or else the download will not work properly.

CS6: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2015 3
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cs2 wie bekomme ich die Seriennummer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2016 0
Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2016 1
Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nur als Ergänzung hier der deutschsprachige Link: Herunterladen der Software (Acrobat 7- und CS2-Produkte) ‌und beachte "Die für den Download angegebene Seriennummer darf nur von Kunden verwendet werden, die CS2 oder Acrobat 7 rechtmäßig erworben haben und die die aktuellen Produkte weiterhin nutzen müssen."

D.h. entweder ist die Seriennummer auf Deinem Softwarepaket verzeichnet, oder Du siehst nach was Adobe darüber gespeichert hat. Dazu findest Du hier allgemeine Infos https://www.adobe.com/de/account.html und die gespeicherte(n) Seriennummer(n) stehen dort

http://helpx.adobe.com/de/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to download CS2 w/out activation and clicked on the download for Win CS2 series, picture w/the serial number is below.  I was told this serial number is for volume license.  This I don't understand.  Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations, advice?  Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your reply but I've been through the links.  When I started downloading CS2 w/out activation, I received the following error message:  Installer could not start:  MIssing or invalid personalization information or missing resources library.  When I told the techy this, he told me the serial number is for volume license.  I don't understand that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2016 0
Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the install in Win XP compatibility mode.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your response.  I don't think I have XP; how do I find that out, I forgot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2016 0
Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need XP installed. Just follow these steps:

Using Windows 7 or Vista Compatibility Mode

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your note.  I clicked on the link but I don't know where I would find the "installation directory" referred to.  I went into the control panel, but don't see it there.  Once I find that, I'm sure it'll be smooth sailing.  Regina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2016 0
Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has yet been installed so you won't see anything listed in the Control Panel.

You're looking for the .exe file you downloaded: CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1.exe.

Where did you download that onto your hard drive? Downloads folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your note.  I understand, I'll look for it and move forward.  Regina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to uninstall the Creative Suite and start again, but when I try to do that I get an error message "The installer could not start because: missing or invalid personalization information missing resource library". What does this mean?  Is this something I could fix?  Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Regarding uninstalling the Adobe Create Suite from my computer, seems I need to delete every file and every folder manually, what a pain.  I don't understand why I can't just uninstall program since I installed it.  Anyway, I'm getting a lot of messages saying "I need permission to delete a file" or "the file is being used in another program".  How is this possible?  What do I do in situations like this?  I really want to get this off my computer so I could install from the internet.  I paid for this and I want it back on my computer.  Many thanks!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 0
Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you can't use the control panel uninstallers to uninstall your programs, something is corrupted, and there's no easy fix unless you're able to reinstall over the top of already installed files and thereby restore the uninstallers.  but if you're able to do that reinstall you can probably then use the programs which seems to be your end.

if you manually delete files you're likely to cause more problems though you seem to have so many now, that may not matter unless you're reckless and remove something needed by your os and you lose the ability to start your computer or lose other (than adobe) computer functionality.

bottomline: you shouldn't manually delete files.  you don't appear to have enough computer expertise to do that safely.

you've never explained what os you have so everyone's been guessing you have an incompatible os, but we don't really know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for such a quick reply.  I have Windows 7 Professional.  It was suggested, through these forums that I should delete everything manually because when I try to uninstall in the regular way, I get a message about the installer and invalid or missing personal information.  I located the system folder and just deleting whatever is in the Adobe folder which is what I loaded w/DVDs that I got when I was a student.  I have no computer expertise at all aside from being able to turn the thing on.  I'm just frustrated right now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 0
Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you already manually delete some files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, ones that I could.  Other's I can't.  I also tried to change to safe mode but didn't do correctly because it didn't change.  I'll try again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently my problem is that the windows installer was not installed properly.  This is not the first time I installed the software that I'm trying to uninstall and I never had a problem.  So any suggestions on what to do regarding the installer?  I googled it and found a utube for cleaning and reinstalling it but don't want to do anything unless I hear from a professional.  Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 0
Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>windows installer was not installed properly

Search Microsoft – Official Home Page for help with Windows problems

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 0
Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're contemplating reinstalling your os, get help from a relative or friend with some computer expertise.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have instructions on how to manually delete the files in the registry.  I found the registry and started deleting the files but I came up to a folder directory which I'm not sure about:  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\ and then a bunch of numbers.  However, all I have out of this directory is HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Features\, I don't have \Installer\.  When I went into \Features\, I did find the numbers that I have listed to delete, is it ok to delete even though I don't have the Installer folder?  I hope this makes sense.  Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2017 0
Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you shouldn't change anything in your registry unless you have some computer expertise or you're prepared to reinstall you os and your programs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer crashed so I bought a new one. I want to download Design & Web Premium CS6 WIN UE that I purchased for Windows. I was able to install Dreamweaver but I don't use that anymore. I only used it for my class. I want to download Photoshop, I have the CD but there are no executable files on it. I need to download this from the site.

[serial numbers removed by moderator - never share publicly - anyone can take and use them]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and Installation Help -

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install.html

CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

You can also download the trial version of the software thru the page linked below and then use your current serial number to activate it.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site and have cookies enabled in your browser or else the download will not work properly.

CS6: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2016 1
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to delete but you have no delete functionality

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had a live online chat. Is that possible?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to have the software available to download. I have spent so much time on trying to load this software on my PC without a solution that I have to seriously consider if I would ever buy from adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download Design & web CS6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

You can get the download for CS6 from here http://www.adobe.com/in/downloads/other-downloads.html

Other downloads

Regards

Rajashree

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2016 0