Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Updates Not Compatible

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

My Creative Cloud desktop app is reporting that my installed programs (Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) are not compatible with my operating system. I have tried updating Windows 10 from Windows 10 1703 (which Adobe says is a version not supported) but my computer reverts back to the previous version and Adobe remains incompatible. However, several of my collegues have not updated their Windows 10 1703, but simply uninstalled and reinstalled Creative Cloud and the programs, which has allowed them to upgrade to the newest version. I have also tried this, but for me, Creative Cloud remains incompatible. How can I fix this? 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should update your Windows to the newest version. Because Microsoft has stopped the support for build 1703. That means that there are no more patches and fixes for security leaks for this version. If an update doesn't work try reinstall Windows 10 and the install Adobe Creative Cloud.  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above Windows needs to be at 1903 or above. Current build is 1909.

Update Windows then update the Adobe programs.

2020-02-08 17_53_12-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds to me like you need to figure out why Windows keeps rolling back its updates on its  own. That's not really something we can help with. I suggest you speak with your company's IT help and ask them to update Windows and make sure it doesn't rollback on you.

(As an aside, Windows updates for me are controlled by the IT department. We are a few updates behind, I think, as my version is reported as 1809. Illustrator and Photoshop seem to run all right on this build, but I am not a heavy user of either so its hard for me to tell. They don't crash, anyway.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines