Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe valid serial does not work for Desgn Std Suite CS 6 installation

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had a long conversation with your chat-support yesterday and eventually, he told me to reach out here. I have bought ther Design Std Suite CS 6 in 2013 and have the serial for that. I did not have the installation files, but these have been provided by the support employee. But when I try to install, it always says that the serial number is invalid, even though it is marked as valid in the Adobe license system (at least so I have been told in the chat). We tried everything from restarting the computer to re-download using a browser which I have never been using before. Nothing worked.

I also have a support case number: ADB-13855923-G9T0.

It would be great if you could help me.

BR,

Oliver

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Ok, solved the problem myself. In the order confirmation (from 7 years ago) a also have the (non-working) download links and saw that they contain _LS4, but the support provided me with download links with _LS16. Fortunately I only had to exchange LS16 with LS4 in the download links and then could download the correct version which I could install with my serial. Basically the CSR provided me with the wrong language selection downloads for my serial. But I'm happy now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but no other user in a public forum is going to be able to help with a serial number problem

The only possible idea I have is that you were given a wrong download, so the install file you have does not match the serial number for your product

Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers Avoid Phishing: 3 Easy Ways to Identify Adobe Staff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expected that, but the last message in the chat with the support was the following:

In that case what I can suggest you to contact the Forum and there will the dedicated team for this application who will guide your more efficiently for this and I will keep the case open till then so that you can reach us again if you need any help.

Your case no :ADB-13855923-G9T0

Kindly go through the below mentioned link to contact Adobe forum:

Adobe Support Community

And that's exactly what I'm doing now... hoping for this dedicated team...

And he gave me the installer after checking my serial number...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase a Student/Teacher or Volume License edition?  If yes, you need the original media (disks or downloads) that you received at purchase because your serial number won't work with ordinary installers.  

Design Standard consisted of PS, AI, ID and Acrobat Pro.

The modern replacement is a Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31+ apps & services).

Creative Cloud Plans & Pricing

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.
Creative Cloud system requirements

Elligible students/teachers, get 60% off for the first year.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was a student edition. Is there really no possibility to get that download?

This old version is sufficient for all I do and I don't pay regularly for software, so I will not change for a software plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There NEVER WAS a download of the student edition. Those disks were valuable, and not a good thing to lose. In theory support should have known this, but since they also seem to believe there is some kind of "dedicated team" that does not exist, their knowledge is limited. When Adobe say something is unsupported they mean many things, but one is that support have no knowledge or training in the old product. It's a pity they gave you false hope. There is no way to get a legal replacement now except to subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be right (of ourse :-), the order confirmation says nothing about a student edition. I bought it in an online shop for student stuff but it's definitely a download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case what I can suggest you to contact the Forum and there will the dedicated team for this application who will "guide your more efficiently "

That is absolutely untrue.  Only Adobe can deal with serial number issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the volume license is revoked as I suspect it might be, the CSR agent can't do anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, solved the problem myself. In the order confirmation (from 7 years ago) a also have the (non-working) download links and saw that they contain _LS4, but the support provided me with download links with _LS16. Fortunately I only had to exchange LS16 with LS4 in the download links and then could download the correct version which I could install with my serial. Basically the CSR provided me with the wrong language selection downloads for my serial. But I'm happy now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's amazing! Please do keep all downloads, you may not be so lucky next time. Keep them safe, not just on your computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please elaborate. today starting it shows licence has been revoked for the purchsed students/faculty cs6 suite. entered serial number once again mentions illegal though i have original box and discs with the software.

whatis _LS4 & _LS16? where do we locate to change it?

Thanks in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LS4 and LS16 are different language packs. See What does “LS4” or “LS16” mean when searching for Adobe software like Fireworks or CS Master Collect.... You cannot change that after installing, those are completely different downloads and install files. But I don't think this is your problem if it was running before already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @indergopal,

The message is plain & uncomplicated.  Your license was revoked.  Probably because someone, somewhere down the supply chain (school, reseller or vendor) violated their terms of service agreement with Adobe.   You can try contacting whoever sold you the license but given that CS6 is 9 years old, unsupported and no longer sold, there's probably nothing they can do. Your best option is to get modern software that works with modern equipment and operating systems.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed)
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2021

Creative Cloud Photography Plan -- approx $10/month x 12 months. Includes the very latest versions of these great products & services:
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
Photo

Creative Cloud All Apps (31 + apps & services) and Single Apps Plans

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
Avoid Phishing: 3 Easy Ways to Identify Adobe Staff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what TSN said...

When you have a download, ALWAYS copy it to at least one external device
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a CD or DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines