Adobe xD Booking App

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, mostly I know how Adobe xD works (well, between basics and intermediate), I can make an app with some regular options but I really don't understand how booking app works, you just place a calendar in your app and that's it or you must do smth else, besides that ?

I'm asking because I want to create a booking app for my own business, to be more precisely, booking app for beauty salon

Would you be so kind, and explain this to me, please?

The post moved from Adobe Advertising Cloud to Adobe XD CC. [Mod]

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to creative cloud

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of the blue without great knowledge of the products:

For any application you need:

• a user interface (front-end) that knows how to interact with the user(s).
  • a data structure (back-end) that is able to store your data that you get from the users and that let you retrieve data to be shown on the user interface.

XD helps building the front-end. The backend still needs to be taken care of. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD is only quick prototyping software, and cannot be used to actually develop or build anything. It's just a visual tool for user interface design. That's it.

To create a booking system requires either very good front-end and back-end programming skills, or you have someone build it for you.

Adobe has no tools which automate this in any way. Alternatively, you could install WordPress on your hosting space, buy a good booking plugin for it, and install it on your website.

But this also requires a bit of technical skill, and based on your question I would advice you to hire someone to do this for you.

If your existing beauty salon website is already WordPress based (and there is a good chance it is), then you only need to do some online research to find a good booking app, or just install a form plugin and build a booking form.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/5-best-wordpress-appointment-and-booking-plugins/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with the last commenter, as an option you can try WordPress or Wix if you want to base the application on the structure application for online hotel booking, then read the article for a description of the required functions. But it seems to me that you should determine for yourself what functions you should have in your application and analyze your competitors. If you cannot do this as an option, you can use freelance or outsourcing services

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines