• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Experience Design can't dowload and install

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a registered Adobe CC user with a corporate account (www.sap.com).

I want to download Adobe Xd.

to begin with - the app does not appear in my creative cloude software list.

When I start to downlaod from the Adobe site, it completes downloading the ".exe" program to my Win10 64bit new Lenovo Yoga laptop.

And then when I double click "Experience_Design_(Beta)_Set-Up.exe" nothing happens. simply nothing.

??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Thanks. XD requires the Anniversary edition of Windows which is

Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607, Build 14393.693)

So, your version of Win is too low. It is possible that your company has not approved this latest build of Win 10 yet.

joan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start by updating your win 10 os.

[moved from Creative Cloud Download & Install to Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta)]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows is quite up-to-date.

2017-03-22-15-19-50-capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you provide the version of your Win 10 build. It is not on this screen. To get this version, you would hit Start, type "winver", then press Enter. Post this screen!

Also, Adobe XD for Win is not yet available in all enterprise environments depending on how your install Adobe software. SAP might fall into that category. But, let's start with your Windows version.

Thanks,

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the explanation!

Here's my 'winvers' screen.

Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.753)

2017-03-22-19-22-17-capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. XD requires the Anniversary edition of Windows which is

Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607, Build 14393.693)

So, your version of Win is too low. It is possible that your company has not approved this latest build of Win 10 yet.

joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joan,

I am facing the same problem.

Do you know if there will be an update of XD for lower winversions like 1511?

Thanks for your reply.

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we rely on critical fixes and features in 14393 and above. We won't be supporting lower versions of Windows 10.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am a student who is using Windows 10 and I am having a similar problem. My Windows 10 is up-to-date with the latest version of Creator's Update Version 1703 however I can't seem to download Adobe Experience Design (Xd). When I tried installing it, it had directed me to a page saying that Adobe Xd is installing now but when the Creative Cloud App Handler is open, Xd is not found under the list of apps that are available.

I thought that maybe there is a problem with my Windows 10 version as it is the current latest one but I checked again and the Xd page had mentioned that it only works on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and later.

I have no idea why I constantly have problems trying to download and install these Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of the Creative Cloud application are you using, and can you tell me what type of account you have? (e.g. do you pay for your account yourself, or does it come through a school or company) Can you also tell me what you see in your Apps tab?

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Creative Cloud Version 4.0.1.188. The account that I have is available through a school.

Under the Apps tab of Creative Cloud, only these apps are shown:-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have your application through your school, it may be that your IT administrator at the school has not added XD to your offerings. You might want to check with your admin to make sure they have provisioned XD for use through your account.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm also experiencing a similar problem. I'm trying to install PS and XD, and while PS completes the installation, XD doesn't. I keep getting a specific error for XD when trying to install (see image below) . Now here's a twist. PS installs but fails on launch.

My Win10 version is 1703 (which should be fine for PS and XD), and the ACC app version is 4.1.1.202 (which as of today is the latest). I've even repaired ACC (but in a separate thread, it was suggested to uninstall and re-install - haven't done that though- should I?), and still the same problem.

Other info:

- CS6 Design and Web Premium suite is installed and running with no problems.

- Though I have my own account, but I use to log in to a different account that was set up for me by my previous company, of which I installed the CC suite of tools, and used successfully. But have since removed all CC tools after leaving the company. 

Now, using my account, I can't seem to install or run CC tools.

Would uninstalling and re-installing ACC help? I'm a little apprehensive about doing that, since I'm concerned it could damage something with the CS6 tools that is running fine. How about CC cleaner tool, would that help? Would there be similar risks.

See attached screen grabs for reference.

I need to evaluate XD... but can't . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had XD installed before, or is this the first time you've installed on this machine? Error 183 is a fairly generic error, and your best bet is to attempt to contact Customer Care (tech support) to grab the right logs and get a ticket logged so that we can track you over time. Definitely shoot me the tracking number once you get it. They should ask for the logs using the Log Collector Tool and some additional log files that aren't collected by that tool.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had checked with my IT administrator at school a few times. It turns out XD is already included in Adobe CC. My classmates are currently using XD and I had checked with their versions. Apparently all of them are using Windows 10 on version 1607. However, I'm the only one whose XD doesn't appear on my Adobe CC Apps panel despite using Windows 10 on the latest version of 1703.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. I'll escalate this internally to see if we can get this reproduced. In addition to the version number, can you let me know what your OS build number is as well? It should be right underneath the Version number in your about screen.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having trouble updating/upgrading some of the CC apps, Specifically XD and Dimension. XD Beta will not load up, and I have projects to complete. In the CC App and online at Adobe.com, it says that I have to upgrade my OS. However, I have the latest versions of both Adobe CC and Windows 10, Build 1703. Adobe.com says that the Anniversary Edition and later. My computer's graphic card, display, and RAM all fall within guidelines. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is similar, but not sure if it is exactly the same.

Windows 10 Enterprise

Version = 1703

OS build = 15063.0

When I attempt to install, the installation achieves ~90%, then pops-up and says "This app has been blocked by your system administrator - contact your system administrator for more information". What is odd is the app is partially installed (icon is created), but when I open it, the app is gray and says "You'll need a new app to open this - adbxd.helper.app".

I have been speaking with with my IT, who believe the issue is with the installation and not our security.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have the latest Windows 10 and the latest Adobe CC app version downloaded. The account is paid for by myself with the student discount. I also deleted CC app and reinstalled it and othing happened. I try to download Adobe XD from the link and the CC app loads and shows the apps I've already installed. It doesn't even show me the XD app in the 'Apps' panel.

Screenshot_234.pngfd.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem like @josh.weston but I got no error durring installation. It's just stuck. No Adobe CC Cleaner helper, terminations, reinstallations nothing.

Win10

Version = 1709

Build = 16299.192

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving the discussion to Get Started community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines