• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After buying of new PC Adobe CS6 doesn't recognise that it is registered and not allow to use my key

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. 
I've bought new pc and placed my hard disk with adobe progs into it. To be clear I did not deinstall ayn programm and teh hard drive has the same letter and paths as it was in the old machine.  Unfortunately it doesn't allow me to lciense it and tellst me that my license is already used somewhere forcing me to use test version. Is there any way to fix the problem without reinstalling of the hole master collection? I have like dozens of plugins installed and don't want to waste hours of my time to do this again. On a side note: To activate windows was not a problem just 2 clicks. And it is the poor Microsoft. I really hope Adobe can at least provide the same level of service. 🙂 

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to reinstall. The "elsewhere" is the old computer, this is recognised as a new one. If you can get the old PC working you can Deactivate the apps. Otherwise you need to ask Adobe to do it. Warning, scammers may contact you privately pretending to be Adobe staff. Adobe will never send you a private message asking you to email an account that isn't @Deleted User, or use Skype. Adobe never ask you for their password. These scammers want your Adobe info, credit cards, your money and control of your computer, please take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is true that is really really sad. Cause I am definitely no going to disassemble the pc of  my nephew again just to put my hard drive into it to deactivate the apps that are actually wasn't installed in my new pc but got transferred with the system, hard drive, gpu etc etc.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of apps used to work this way (a little less today). The license is tied to an activation on one machine, and "machine" is worked out from a combination of all sorts of things like CPU, disk serial numbers, and secret sauce. This is to stop someone walking up to your machine, taking a clone of the disk, and getting your software. But it's a pain when doing any kind of system recovery.  This was fixed around 2014 when Adobe went to subscriptions, which now rely on having an internet connection and being signed in. But if you want to run this ancient (but excellent) software you've got to play this game.  Now, you were limited to two activations before needing to contact Adobe. If it says, specifically, "activation count exceeded" you need to contact Adobe to have an "activation count reset" - ask for that exact thing, don't paraphrase, don't start with discussing anything else. If the message isn't "activation count reset" that isn't the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines