• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 17.7 won't install (Win 10 64-bit)

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having this issue? After Effects 17.7 just won't install. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. The installer gets to 83% and just hangs there. I tried installing it a month or so ago, and today as well - no luck.

Then when I cancel the install, it turns out that AE is now broken and won't launch, so I need to uninstall and re-install it.

My current version of AE (17.6) has so many bugs - the main one being that it frequently won't RAM preview and I need to restart it.

Please Adobe, stop tweaking the UI and adding bells and whistles, and just MADE AE WORK AGAIN. I've been using it for nearly 20 years and it's never been this broken before.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

your os is ok.

next check your video card which is probably listed in the things to check in the @Peru Bob  links:  Adobe strongly recommends updating to NVIDIA driver 451.77 or later when using After Effects. Drivers prior to this have a known issue which can lead to a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update your win 10, restart your computer and retry.

if that fails, what win 10 version (right click the win start button>type winver>enter) and embed* a screenshot of the winver panel

kglad_0-1614797639899.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks very much @kglad 

I updated Win10, and it's still doing the same thing. Screenshots of my Win version and the CC app are embedded below. Thanks!

winver.jpgPS problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your os is ok.

next check your video card which is probably listed in the things to check in the @Peru Bob  links:  Adobe strongly recommends updating to NVIDIA driver 451.77 or later when using After Effects. Drivers prior to this have a known issue which can lead to a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, thanks so much! Updating the driver to 460.89 worked! It installed perfectly now. Thanks to both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines