• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects wont update and media encoder wont install with plenty space

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just subrcribed to the monthly plan for after effects and trying to get media encoder as well. When I went into my creative cloud app to update, it said i didnt have enough space on my local disk which wasnt surprising. I just built my pc in the begining of january and with the games I have I expected that. I went to change the download destination if thats what you call it to my hard drive, which has a full 8 terrabytes free. After doing so, it still tells me I have no space, which couldn't be further from the truth. Is there any way to resolve this? If anyone could help that would be so appreciated, Id hate to have dropped money on a program that i wont even be able to use with this problem, if that makes sense. Thank You!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haile, I am sorry for any confusion. You will need to free up additional space on the drive/partition that contains the operating system. Even if the Adobe application supports a custom install location, the temporary files for the download and installs process and any shared components will still be installed on the drive containing the host operating system.

At a minimum, I would recommend keeping at least as much free space on the primary drive as double the amount of installed RAM on the computer.  This will help the operating system works at peak efficiency and ensure that sufficient space is available for temporary files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you partitioned with a small C drive, you made a big mistake. A lot of things must go on C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines