• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Uninstalling CC Trial I can't use my InDesign CS6

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installer Adobe InDesign CC Trial, uninstalled it few days ago. Everything was fine, for few days I was working on my Adobe InDesign CS6. CC Window started to pop-up when I tried to use CS6.

I have used this cleaner tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) and reinstalled my Master Collection CS6 ...still prompt to renew CC subscription when trying to use InDesign CS6 (Windows 10). I have called the support only to be informed that there is no support for my Software problems. What should I do to get my CS6 work again?!

I have already raised this problem in other post, but it has been locked leaving me without working solution, here is the post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/i-have-cs6-don-t-want-cc/m-p/11211700?page=1

I have tried the last answer - uninstalled all ADOBE products and deleted the folders: Adobe PCD, SLStore. Restart, reinstal my Adobe Master Collection - and nothing changed. When I'm starting InDesign CS6 - Adobe CC window pop-up tells me to renew my subscription... well I have it (thank you ADOBE) and I was planning do use them both, but more than CC I need my CS6 InDesign working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

in this order:

1. uninstall all adobe programs using the uninstallers

2. clean everything you can using the cleaner

3. delete the pcd and slstore folders

4. restart your computer

5. reinstall your cs6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in this order:

1. uninstall all adobe programs using the uninstallers

2. clean everything you can using the cleaner

3. delete the pcd and slstore folders

4. restart your computer

5. reinstall your cs6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I did that... that was my 3rd reainstall today, I have deleted all ADOBE folders also, run the cleaner, reinstal Adobe Master Collection CS6 and... my license was revoked. Now I'm chatting with the suppurt to find out how is it possible that my license that I have activated at my ADOBE Account since FEB 2017 was revoked after few reinstalls... I really just want to wake up 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good news is that it helped, I was able to finally get my Adobe InDesign CS6 working again... but only as trial version. Support told me to wait 4-5 hours for mail with official information about my license... I'm convinced that I might have wrote the license number while the CC window apeared and I thought it was CS -  and that was the reason why my license was revoked, I can't belive that the seller is a frud - he's still on the market, and he would be in the jail already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if didn't purchase from adobe and especially if you purchased in the recent years, it's almost certainly fraudulent.

periodically adobe improves its fraud detections so having a license that worked previously is no guarantee it will work afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, and that is truly sad

I guess I will have to make a new friendship with my CC

... the most odd thing is that I still have this product registered on my ADOBE Account like it would nothing happened. I'm in contact with seller (he doesn't avoid me after this information) so I hope I will get my money back soon or get new license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! 

It's not legal to sell Creative Suite in any country.  Adobe took it off the market in early 2017.

Real Adobe reps do not use Skype or addresses with Outlook, Gmail or Yahoo in them.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the license for Master Collection CS6 in FEB 2017 😞 it was last of the last

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think adobe sold any id cs6 licenses after 2014 when cc was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some resellers still had some licenses in early 2017...I wonder what will be result from this situation, I paid a regular price for the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't expect a refund at this late date. That's not likely to happen after so much time has passed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fortunately, the seller is not anonymous and will bear all the consequences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines