Highlighted

All CC Applications Stuck at Screen with Spinning Blue Circle

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the below screen upon opening every CC application (Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere) EXCEPT Acrobat DC. It hangs on this screen and just repeatedly tries to refresh and cannot. It just shifts from being a blank white window to the below for second or two. If I close out of the window it closes the software as well.

Windows 10 Pro v 1803

Brand new computer, fresh install of Windows per a domain deployment

Other computers on the domain are not doing this

Other computers on the same network are not doing this

Other computers with the same domain-controlled antivirus are not doing this

I am the system administrator for the domain and I see all cases of block traffic for the antivirus software, it is not blocking Adobe from connecting

I have already tried:

1. Logging out/back in to Creative Cloud
  2. Switching from public to private network type
  3. Checking for updates
  4. Trying to install previous versions
  5. Removing preferences
  6. Trying as a different administrator (so two separate administrator accounts, neither work)
  7. Deleting the OOBE folder
  8. Changing the amount of memory for Adobe applications in the registry (and deleting this DWord value after it didn't change anything)
  9. Repairing Adobe Creative Cloud
  10. Repairing each application
  11. Uninstalling each application and Adobe Creative Cloud
  12. Using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Utility
  13. Restarting the computer
  14. Reinstalling Adobe Create Cloud
  15. Reinstalling each software

I don't know what the below screen is supposed to show, but I am guessing it is a terms and conditions or agreement because this is the very first time I am opening any of these apps on this new computer. The only software this screen does not appear for is Acrobat DC, which opens totally fine. I can also open Adobe Creative Cloud just fine, and I installed these applications using Adobe CC.

Untitled.png

Any assistance with what might be causing this for every software except Acrobat is highly appreciated!

This is what finally worked for me:

Go to the IE browser " advanced settings", uncheck "Do not save encrypted pages to disk".

This was set on a company group policy and the group policy had to be removed. This is extremely unfortunate because it opens up a security issue in Internet Explorer that our sysadmins were not comfortable with, so if you are on a company computer, this may not be possible for you depending on their security requirements.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

All CC Applications Stuck at Screen with Spinning Blue Circle

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the below screen upon opening every CC application (Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere) EXCEPT Acrobat DC. It hangs on this screen and just repeatedly tries to refresh and cannot. It just shifts from being a blank white window to the below for second or two. If I close out of the window it closes the software as well.

Windows 10 Pro v 1803

Brand new computer, fresh install of Windows per a domain deployment

Other computers on the domain are not doing this

Other computers on the same network are not doing this

Other computers with the same domain-controlled antivirus are not doing this

I am the system administrator for the domain and I see all cases of block traffic for the antivirus software, it is not blocking Adobe from connecting

I have already tried:

1. Logging out/back in to Creative Cloud
  2. Switching from public to private network type
  3. Checking for updates
  4. Trying to install previous versions
  5. Removing preferences
  6. Trying as a different administrator (so two separate administrator accounts, neither work)
  7. Deleting the OOBE folder
  8. Changing the amount of memory for Adobe applications in the registry (and deleting this DWord value after it didn't change anything)
  9. Repairing Adobe Creative Cloud
  10. Repairing each application
  11. Uninstalling each application and Adobe Creative Cloud
  12. Using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Utility
  13. Restarting the computer
  14. Reinstalling Adobe Create Cloud
  15. Reinstalling each software

I don't know what the below screen is supposed to show, but I am guessing it is a terms and conditions or agreement because this is the very first time I am opening any of these apps on this new computer. The only software this screen does not appear for is Acrobat DC, which opens totally fine. I can also open Adobe Creative Cloud just fine, and I installed these applications using Adobe CC.

Untitled.png

Any assistance with what might be causing this for every software except Acrobat is highly appreciated!

This is what finally worked for me:

Go to the IE browser " advanced settings", uncheck "Do not save encrypted pages to disk".

This was set on a company group policy and the group policy had to be removed. This is extremely unfortunate because it opens up a security issue in Internet Explorer that our sysadmins were not comfortable with, so if you are on a company computer, this may not be possible for you depending on their security requirements.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2018 3
Guide ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try this :

1 - Quits All Adobe background processes :

Adobe CEF Helper

Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe IPC Broker

Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service

CCLibraries

CCXProcess

Creative Cloud

CoreSync

2 - Rename The folders "SlStore" , "SlCache" and "OOBE" to "SlStore.old" , "SlCache.old" and "OOBE.old" in this location :

C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ SlCache

3-

-> Run any application as admin and sign in .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your suggestion today, no change.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this guide:

User and license information issues | CC 2019

Completing this changed the window so it showed a login screen, but once I enter my information and hit enter to login, it goes back to the same screen as before.

I also followed this:

Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

No change after following all steps listed for Windows.

I have the Adobe CC apps installed on two computers only, and they are both successfully signed into Adobe CC. Everything works on my desktop, but only Acrobat DC works on my laptop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

This morning I did a complete format of the SSD and re-installed Windows, just in case. Before installing any Windows updates or the Antivirus, I installed Adobe CC and tried Photoshop. STILL I get this screen immediately upon opening Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I called and spoke with Adobe support today. They said "this is really strange, I have not seen a case like this before". When the support tech signed in with her credentials, everything worked just fine. When she tried signing out, the same screen would show up again with the spinning wheel. She said this is unexpected because my account is active and nothing is wrong with my subscription or my ID.

No matter how many times she deleted the credentials for Adobe in Windows Credentials Manager and OOBE or other files, the same issue was present. Even in safe mode with networking, or on alternate networks, and without any antivirus installed at all. No other applications have been installed since I did my fresh Windows reinstall this morning - just Adobe CC and Photoshop.

All drivers and BIOS updates are installed, but it can't be anything related to the computer itself or the installation because the technician was able to sign in with her credentials without issue. She verified the preference in Photoshop to connect to the internet was enabled. The technician said everything on the laptop looks completely perfect, so all she could do is escalate my case.

I then tried reverting back to Photoshop 2017 instead and it works without fail. I uninstalled that and tried version 19.1.6 for Photoshop - no problems at all. Then I ran the update for Photoshop version 20.0 and tried to open it once more, and it failed to open with the same spinning screen.

My solution is to just use Photoshop V19.1.6 and other 2017 versions until the licensing and connection issues are resolved. Since they escalated my case, I'll update again if they have any other revelations.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2018 3