Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of applications stuck on "installing"

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is super frustrating. Last night I wanted to update CC applications as usually via CC app. I've done it numerous times before. This time I only managed to get Illustrator app to date, every single other app is stuck on "installing..". I left it overnight as I thought it could be a lag - still hanging.

Reinstalled CC app, same thing. I then uninstalled photoshop as I thought might just do a fresh install. Now I can't install photoshop anymore as it gets to 62% and gets stuck. It's really annoying as I need to do some work and there seem to be no way of installing it? Also, why there are no logs that users can look at to troubleshoot what's happening?

B

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Hi,

Yes I've done all of those steps, in fact I ended up re-installing the entire system as I was hoping it will help.

Checked the logs you mentioned and it seems like it's been going to some sort of a connectivity loop with:

01/11/20 18:24:31:158 | [ERROR] | | | | | | | 13984 | The windows error code is - 12180
01/11/20 18:24:31:158 | [ERROR] | | | | | | | 13984 | Failed to get the user proxy settings (WPAD). Error is 12180. Ignoring the proxy setting in this case.

So I figured it must be a connec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bartk,

Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps in this help document? It addresses the most common reasons for an installation hang.

If none of those helps, you can indeed check logs to see what's up. Instructions are here.

Let us know if you are able to resolve the issue or if you continue to have problems updating/installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I've done all of those steps, in fact I ended up re-installing the entire system as I was hoping it will help.

Checked the logs you mentioned and it seems like it's been going to some sort of a connectivity loop with:

01/11/20 18:24:31:158 | [ERROR] | | | | | | | 13984 | The windows error code is - 12180
01/11/20 18:24:31:158 | [ERROR] | | | | | | | 13984 | Failed to get the user proxy settings (WPAD). Error is 12180. Ignoring the proxy setting in this case.

So I figured it must be a connectivity issue in the end - restarted my router and now it works! I'm not entirely sure why as I literally haven't changed any settings since the last update, but maybe there was some updates on my provider end that I wasn't aware of.

Anyway, to anyone struggling - try restarting your router. I didn't think that would have any effect but it helped in my case.

Thanks for replying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines