• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all recent .psd files gone from recent files, can only recover jpg versions saved to computer

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First post here! So I was trying to connect my ipad pro to my computer so I could use it as a tablet with the Duet app. I had just saved all my recent work on my .psd files (in the background of PS, not to my computer or cloud) and closed the app so we could sync my two devices together.

When I open photoshop again, just minutes later, my home screen shows no recent files, and I can't even choose "open recents" even though they were there a few minutes before.

I closed the duet app.

I tried resetting my preferences and then quitting photoshop.

I tried restarting my computer.

I checked in CC and found nothing except previously cloud saved  documents.

I tried searching for the autosave recovery file, which when I did find it, it was empty.

Why can't I find my .psd files? Am i just a total dolt and should of saved them to my computer or cloud even though I thought they would be accessible in the application? Do they vanish upon restarting? If so, why weren't they still there before I restarted?

I even undid the update from this morning and went back to the previous version and still no change.

Please help! The only thing i haven't tried is data recovery software, which I will do if I must but I don't know if it would even work.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about Photoshop CC or Photshop for iPad?  They are 2 different animals.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop for desktop. The duet app was supposed to let me mirror my desktop so I could use the apple pencil for retouching instead of a mouse. Not use the photoshop for ipad to retouch and then sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A document you create or open in Photoshop for iPad is auto-saved to the cloud. You can find your saved cloud documents under the Cloud documents tab in the app home screen, or go to https://assets.adobe.com and select Cloud Documents.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/create-open-save-ipad.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me clarify--I was working on editing photos that I sent over from lightroom to photoshop. I had completed one photo, and wanted to go in to copy some of the layers to photos from the same session. But when I opened photoshop, my .psd files were gone.

I never opened these files on photoshop for Ipad. Only in Adope Photoshop 2020 on my PC.

I usually am able to access any recent files in the PS 2020, but this time they were all gone and I can't find them.

They aren't in my AutoRecover, even though I had just saved them in photoshop just prior to closing it and reopening it shortly after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying the physical .psd files are missing from your computer drive as evidenced by a search from Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer? 

Or are you saying the list of recently opened files in Photoshop is empty? 

These are 2 different things.  You can clear the list of recently opened files in Photoshop anytime you wish.  But that doesn't delete physical files from your hard drive.  See screenshot.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list of recently opened files is completely empty. I never saved those
.psd files to cloud or to my computer. They saved in the background and i
chose “save” under the file tab, so that anytime I opened photoshop I could
pull them out of my recents. But now they are gone and so I have NO recents
and I can’t recover them anywhere.

All I did was save my opened files, close photoshop, and reopen. And
suddenly they no longer exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as a file saved to recent files, but neither to your computer nor the cloud. Thats's just impossible.   Recent files is not a PLACE to save, it's just a list. The Recent files list can be cleared at any time, without losing any files. I suggest you make and save one file in your usual way, and pay close attention to see where it goes. The other files are likely there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open your operating system's file manager and perform a search for recently modified .psd files.

https://www.howtogeek.com/243511/how-to-search-for-files-from-a-certain-date-range-in-windows-8-and-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines