• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know how to use Creative Cloud with Amazon Web Services.   Here is a video of Adobe leader, saying it can be done, but does not explain how.  I need to understand the logistics in intergrating AWS with Creative cloud.   Here is Adobe's Mitch Nelson's, Director Managed Services, video:  https://aws.amazon.com/business-applications/adobe/

Let me explain....I want to use all the functionality of both services AWS and CC, but it seems they are two separate entities.   Lets say I want to edit a large petabyte video stored in an AWS S3 bucket using Adobe Creative Cloud application called "Premiere"   .  Do I have to create a AWS workspace then install Adobe Creative Cloud into the AWS workspace?   I don't want to have to pay for another AWS service such as workspace!   Do I have to download the Petabyte file into Adobe cloud to use Premiere, which makes having an AWS store my videos pointless.    

I need detailed examples, instructions, white papers, youtube videos or what have you explaining how these two services interact with each other?   I need the nitty gritty details!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud desktop software is not cloud based.  You must download and install CC on your local computer.  Likewise, you must have the video file on your local computer to edit it in Premier Pro.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software does not need to be "cloud-based."  You create an EC2 instance running the Windows Operating system and install whatever Windows software you want on it, including CC.

(Called infrastructure as a service.)

Although Linux EC2 instances are more common, you can certainly create a Windows OS based EC2 instance.  (There is no Mac OS choice on AWS.)

Needless to say, Azure also offers the Windows operating system if you wish to take advantage of cloud benefits and want to live in a "friendlier" Windows world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you posted does not seem to have any video. It is a page describing the Adobe software available in EC2. There are four specific pieces of software listed, all server based. No mention of Creative Cloud (except in a link entirely elsewhere). Maybe you posted the wrong link?  You don't seem to want EC2, rather to use S3 as a filestore in lieu of Adobe's Creative Cloud filestore.  I do wonder if this file is what you are looking for: https://aws-quickstart.s3.amazonaws.com/quickstart-cloudvideoediting/doc/cloud-video-editing-on-the-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TSN, this post is a year old. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines