• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

annoying preferences window keeps popping up while working with every other applications

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled some of the applications from creative cloud application. These were Audition and character animation app Fuse i guess. since then, whenever i work with other applications like Quixel Mixer, Cinema 4d, this screen pops up and it doesn't matter which option i choose it keeps popping up,  blocks me sending commands and  this is slowing me down dramatically.

any suggestions?

adobe_screen.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset the cc app: To reset the Creative Cloud desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad, thank you very much for the reply, it didn't help. keeps on popping up. i also restarted the machine several times, at the end i am going to have to uninstall everything about CC i guess 😞

any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the next step is a complete clean and then reinstall:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much kglad,

as you said, nothing seems cloudy after this full cleaning process.

i uninstalled, cleaned and re-installed everything back. it works perfect. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn Off the Auto update option and the option to Start the CC DTA with the system. Then Restart your computer.

2020-04-10 21_20_54-Creative Cloud Desktop.png2020-04-10 21_18_59-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you all, for the answers and suggestions. everything works fine right now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll help others if you post what you did that solved the problem.

addendum:  oops, sorry.  i see your reply to the cleaning message, now.  if you mark it correct, it will be easier for others to focus on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They did in a reply above. They Un installed everything, Used the Cleaner tool to CLEAN out everything that might of been left behind and then Reinstalled.

The Nuclear option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines