• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another installer is running

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to install Adobe Lightroom 6 on my new computer, with Windows 10, I am getting the following message. "Another installer is currently running, which must be closed before installing this product.  Please close other installers."  I do not have anything else running.  I have shut down my system and upon starting up again, immediately try the install.  I get the same message.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Hi,

I suggest you to Stop the Windows Installer service by following the steps below:

Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.

Double click on Windows Installer and in General tab, click on Stop.

Click on Apply and OK.

After the steps are complete, restart the system and Start the Windows Installer service by following the steps below:

Double click on Windows Installer and in General tab, click on Start.

Click on Apply and OK.

Let

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I suggest you to Stop the Windows Installer service by following the steps below:

Double click on Windows Installer and in General tab, click on Stop.

Click on Apply and OK.

After the steps are complete, restart the system and Start the Windows Installer service by following the steps below:

Double click on Windows Installer and in General tab, click on Start.

Click on Apply and OK.

Let us know if that  helps!

Regards,

Tanusree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to start and stop it several times and restart twice but doing this a couple times ended up working for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't work for me--same issue, the Stop button is unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the stop button is grey, and unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the stop button is grayed out.  Hit alt, ctrl, delete.  Go to services, find windows installer, hit the stop service button, and shut down.  When aging install it will walk you through cleaning up the old (bad) install and start the new install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this did work and I was able to install the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This did not work for me because I can't click on the "stop" button. It's disabled.

What do I do now?!?!?!!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to start and stop it several times and restart twice but doing this a couple times ended up working for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain how one does this for Macs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the stop button is grayed out , try this method too , go to Control Panel - view by Small icons- Administrative tools -Services- Windows Installer - Right click - Stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Tried the three methods but didn't work

1) Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter. Double click on Windows Installer and in General tab, click on Stop. Click on Apply and OK.  >>> Stop is grey

2) alt, ctrl, delete.  Go to services, find windows installer, hit the stop service button, and shut down >>> This operation could not complete, The requested control is not valid for this service

3) Control Panel - view by Small icons- Administrative tools -Services- Windows Installer - Right click - Stop >>> Stop is grey

What can I do? 

Try installing Premier Elements 2020

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just run as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to have this issue. Brand new Windows 11 PC despite trying the fixes below. I have all options greyed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

restart your computer and retry whatever you're doing.

if that fails, reset the cc desktop app:

make sure it's in the foreground, then press:
Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...
and then reinstall*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired

update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app*

*use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines