• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any and All Creative Cloud 2017/2018 apps are crashing upon opening

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"ve tried using Creative Cloud Cleaner alongside reinstalling and uninstalling. I also make sure to restart my Mac as well. I have a MacBook Pro 13" (2017), and at one point my photoshop did work but when I updated my Mac it stopped working. I make sure to update the program as well. but it still crashes a few seconds after it opens. Is this an Apple and Adobe issue, or is there something wrong with my techonology?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi reaganl74980933,

What is the version of macOS on your MacBook Pro 13"?

Also, Could you please explain your problem a bit more in detail. Is your Creative Cloud Desktop App crashing on launch and you are not able to install Photoshop, Illustrator etc. from it? Or Photoshop, illustrator etc. are installed on your machine and they crash on launch?

Thanks,

Vimal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of my macOS is 10.13. If any of this information is helpful I'll include it as well:

Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

I am able to launch my Creative Cloud and I seem to be able to instal programs just fine, but when I try to open the most updated version of Photoshop, for example, it crashes right after I open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reagan,

Sorry for a late response.

Are you still facing the same issue? Is it only with Photoshop now?

You may also Contact Customer Care for help and support.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I retried the method of the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner, and I guess the other times I did it I missed a step, did one step too early, or just completely did it out of order. It may have been forgetting to restart the MacBook before reinstalling creative cloud and then restarting after I installed Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if what I did fixed the issue or not. I ended up downloading Illustrator CC17 to get work done. After I opened Illustrator CC 17, I opened Illustrator CC18 to see if it would work and it did. After that I opened Photoshop, Bridge and InDesign CC 18 and they all opened again. At that point I uninstalled Illustrator CC 17 and everything continued to work as normal. I have no idea what the problem was or how it was fixed lol, but my issue is now gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue, though not for every program, I can open Photoshop fine. I can NOT open Illustrator 2018 or InDesign 2018, it just crashes when trying to oppen it, I can however use the 2017 versions.. Working from a Windows 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines