• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App update taking all the internet bandwith

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option to limit the bandwith usage while updating apps in CC Desktop app. This makes it impossible to work on online tasks while updating. It's not a matter of getting faster internet as the desktop app would probably just take all the extra speed for itself.

It makes no sense to me that there is an option for max download speed of cloud assets but not for the regularly updating apps.

Same issue as this post dating from 2017 but it have been locked recently without a fix or response from adobe: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/app-updates-consuming-all-bandwidth/m-p/9041286

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update when you take a break.

and, these are user-to-user forums.  make a suggestion to adobe, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok wrong place to ask for a fix, sorry.

But I can still complain that it's a problem present since 2017 with still no fix. And "Update while I take a break" is not a fix, barely a workaround. What if my break is browsing youtube or scroll socials? How will I take a break if my computer is basically bricked at every updates.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are better chances for adobe to implement a change if the comunity makes noise about it. EVERY other app that manages download have this option, I cannot understand how this have not been more of an issue for techy artists as its sooooooo easy to fix.a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're wrong.  opinions here amount to zero. posting at the link i suggested amount to epsilon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines