• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple changed my colour profile from Adobe RGB 1998 to their display P3

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst dragging a set of files today in an external hard drive attached to a mac book pro (mid 2012 retina. OS Mojave) from an old folder to a new folder which I had just created, Apple changed my colour profile from Adobe RGB 1998 to their display P3 on every file, without my permission? In 'get info' the old file set show their colour profile as Adobe RGB 1998, just as they were shot but the new file set show as  display P3 (I've checked many of a large file), without as I mentioned, my permission.

Can anyone help me with what I'm doing wrong? I know know this sounds more like a problem I should be taking to Apple but I would like to know if Adobe users know about this  Often a more informed answer in the end :). 

It has also, I just noticed dropped a key word (my name)

We certainly would never have granted permission for this.

(Moved to the Get Started forum by Mod)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Finder truely did change the metadata of the image files to some Apple monitor profile, from Adobe RGB, then this is an Apple MacOS/Finder problem and you should post over on the Apple Support forums.

But I suspect the Get Info dialog is mistaken and not really showing you the correct info.

Depending on the type of image file, RAW, JPG, TIF, Whatever, some may have a color profile assign to them and some won't. Real RAW files have no profile assigned. They are RAW Sensor data, or they are supposed to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JSM,

Thats what it was. I have just imported one of the new file to LR and the profile is just as it was when i took the shot in 2014, so assuming the collection will be too. 

Thanks for the heads up.

It has though dropped one of my main keywords. Strange but I can live with having to put that back. 

Perhaps all to do with my Mac getting to the end of the fully supported OS years. This hardware is the earliest now for Mojave and we were surprised to see they included it into Catalina. 

Thanks Again for your help.

Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Apple guide as to what year hardware supports what version of OS X is OS X Version Specific.

If for Mojave your year mac was listed at the bottom doesn't mean you can't upgrade to a newer OS X version when it comes out. Apple really doesn't know that, Not pubishes it even if they did know, until that newer version of OS X comes out and or is released to the general public in Beta form.

I have an iMac from Mid 2011 and until Mojave came out I never knew I could Not install it on my model year Mac.

Year of Mac, version of OS X installed, has no bearing on whether or not a image keyword goes missing or not.

I suspect at the time of assigning keywords to images the ones you think are missing a keyword or two simply did not get assign those suspected missing keywords. So they aren't really missing. They never got assigned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

( I must clarify just for the sake of it) I'm Jo, Ross' wife and partner in life and business and we share this account but adobe require just one of us to designate as the owner of the account. Not sure it makes any difference but 'all disclosure')

The puzzling thing is that the keyword is still there in the backup original file; I have just checked it out, and it still appears and functions everywhere we would expect it to. This was only a directory change to the location of the file so wouldnt expect it to drop a keyword

Yes, We have often wondered the same re versions. We had been informed of the version specifics by Apple when working on an earlier mac (same as yours I think, Mac 2011) We do wonder, with strange things that happen on that one now (Ross' sisters computer), if it is because 'Version Specific' sees them dropping off maintenance to those earlier versions until something (I guess) is so widely reported back to them, it warrants them spending time on it (...or not, his sister is now getting told by Apple that it may be getting to the time she looks at upgrading hardware :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines