• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Silicon versions not installed

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm haveing quite afew problems with mainly Adobe graphics app lagging & apparantly crashing on an M1 Mac mini & when I checked the application list in system report only Creative Cloud is installed as Apple Silicon version, InDesign, Bridge, Acrobat are Intel & Photoshop, Illustrator & Lightroom are Universal versions.

Surely if PS. ID, Ill & LR are native Apple silicon then how do I install those versions.

I've tried uninstalling but it just reinstalles the latest version, I dont get an option on which version it installes.

Is there an option to install just the Apple Silicon versions?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Anim8design, please don't hesitate to begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that any Adobe-related errors can be identified and corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to see install options (mainly previous versions) you must have a subscription AND you must enable show older versions in your cc preferences (file>preferences>apps>scroll to bottom and enable).  

i doubt that will help though.  you'll probably need to:

reset the cc desktop app. make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.
update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I can see the option to install previouse versions but that still doesnt give me the option to install the Apple Silicon version only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didn't think it would.  that's why i suggested the other steps, if you believe there's something wrong with your installation, which i also doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you maybe understand "universal". That means it contains BOTH binaries: Intel and M1 (ARM) in the same file. This is the new normal we are aiming for.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand Universal & having been a Mac technician during the last processor change to Intel I also understand that Universal carries a load more code that causes far more crashes than the versions that only run on the intended hardware which is why I would like to install the ARM version only but maybe thats not an option.

Also why is InDesign & Illustrator loaded as Intel only when they are able to run natively on M1 or are thay still in Beta only.

If Adobe have released an Apple Silicon only version of Creative Cloud then why not all the others or are they not fully Arm complete yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I also understand that Universal carries a load more code that causes far more crashes than the versions that only run on the intended hardware which is why I would like to install the ARM version only but maybe thats not an option." then you understand differently from me (but I'm only a Mac programmer). You will not find that Adobe are yet making code to excluse running on Intel. I think you are looking for something that won't exist for some time.

"Native M1 support" is meant by a universal, for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the start of the last cross over to Intel processors I was a Mac technician looking after some 350 Macs from home users to departments in Universities & it was a similar sitruation in that quite a few companies released Universal versions at first and most of them just kept crashing or causing system lags/lockups & ultimatly kernal panics.

Then they released Intel only versions & they were much better & got better again as they worked the bugs out.

Now with the move to Arm I'm seeing a similar pattern.

My wifes Mac Mini is suffering constant lags of up to 30 secs which sometimes clear, sometimes result in an app quitting & other times result in a kernal panick.

When I am logged into her computer via ssh & running "top" I can see constant crash reports being written when the system is lagging but there are no crash reports in Console other than when the app itself quites.

I really dont want to get into a slagging match its just my experience with this in the past & how the problems were resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anim8design, please don't hesitate to begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that any Adobe-related errors can be identified and corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anim8design, sorry for any confusion, but Test Screen Name is correct. The Universal apps are designed to run on both M1 and Intel processors.  Depending upon the decisions by the software development team, there may be separate M1 versions created as part of the beta process.  Please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html so that you can be kept up to date regarding Adobe applications and their compatibility with Apple's M1 processors.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent a week trying to figure this out. And the inept technical support agents I kept getting just kept saying "uncheck the Rosetta box." And I'm thinking, duh ... 

I had to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud and all Apps. Reinstall the lastest version of Adobe Creative Cloud, and reinstall all apps. There are still a couple which are Intel based, but most are Universal.

So very disappointed it wasted hours of my time trying to figure this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines