• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apps can't install on other drive because C is too full?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new computer that came partitioned with C being only 26GB (this is infuriating, I'm just trying to find a way around it).

• After much research I finally discovered you cannot change the install location of Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Once I finally got Creative Cloud installed, I immediately changed the App Installation drive to my other partition (D) so that it didn't use the small (C) drive. But the apps still won't install because they say there is not enough space on the drive (C is now nearly empty due to the size of Creative Cloud, but apparently it has to install in the Cache of C before it moves it to D)

How do I work around this? I have literally uninstalled EVERYTHING from C, but Creative Cloud and the App Temp files take so much space, it can't actually get anything installed on the D drive.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find a program to change your  partition size

You MAY be able to do that within Windows

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to search on

change primary partition size

or other likely search terms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 26 GB primary drive is ridiculous.   Re-partition it.  Use Disk Management utilities to delete or shrink the D volume and extend the C volume.   Or take the computer back to the store and get a refund. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I'm at my wits end wanting to throw this new computer against the wall.
The problem is my partitions are set up as DISKS:

The C drive doesn't even have enough space to download a Windows Image to my USB Pin drive so I can reformat. I don't know what to do except take this thing back and eat the multiple hours I waisted pulling my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You odn't need to reformat.  You need to re-partition. 

Are you on Windows 10?

This describes how to shirnk one disk and extend another.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-partition-a-hard-drive-in-windows/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, as I said and the image above shows: the partitions are set up as separate disks (though it is one drive), and the only way I know to re-partition a drive separated into two disks is to completely reformat.
The instructions you sent would be helpful if I wanted to only separate one disk into two partitions, but this drive has been set into two disks with multiple partitions.
Unless there's something I'm missing, I think the only way to do that is to completely reformat. And in trying to do that I discovered the C drive doesn't even have enough space to create a Windows image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Configure disk 1 as the boot drive and install the system there.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines