Highlighted

Apps not working under 1 user, but does under new user

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm the admin on my Mac and all the apps suddenly stopped working, and I haven't updated software. I can open various files in PSD but any action causes a spinning wheel and the app becomes non-responsive. I deleted all the apps (INDD, AI, PSD, Acrobat, etc), and creative cloud, used the cleaner, reinstalled PSD 2019, tried in safe mode, reset prefs, but nothing seems to work. Then I created another user profile, logged into this and the apps work. Unfortunately I don't want to log in/out each time. 

My system info:
macOS 10.15.3 (Catalina)

Model Identifier: iMac18,3
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz

Any thoughts on why one user account is working but not my main user acct?

Topics

Creative Cloud, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Apps not working under 1 user, but does under new user

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm the admin on my Mac and all the apps suddenly stopped working, and I haven't updated software. I can open various files in PSD but any action causes a spinning wheel and the app becomes non-responsive. I deleted all the apps (INDD, AI, PSD, Acrobat, etc), and creative cloud, used the cleaner, reinstalled PSD 2019, tried in safe mode, reset prefs, but nothing seems to work. Then I created another user profile, logged into this and the apps work. Unfortunately I don't want to log in/out each time. 

My system info:
macOS 10.15.3 (Catalina)

Model Identifier: iMac18,3
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz

Any thoughts on why one user account is working but not my main user acct?

Topics

Creative Cloud, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?