• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apps won't launch, error reference 202

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hoping to get some help because I've gone through every online solution and nothing works. I started having trouble with CC apps about three weeks ago, and the problem kept evolving but currently the central Creative Cloud app works fine but I get a "We can't verify your subsciption, reference code 202" error when I open any apps. CC and web pages have no trouble verifying subscription, only the actual apps I need for my work. 

I have uninstalled everything, reinstalled Windows, used Creative Cloud Cleaner, gone through all the relevant folders and reset the read/ write permissions, restarted the Credential Manager, removed certificates as per the Adobe license issues page (which completely broke CC, btw, and I had to rename the folders to even be able to reinstall the apps). 

I need this to work, and I can't replace my entire computer right now because of what I suspect is a certificate error on Adobe's part. Any ideas? I'm at my wit's end and considering unsubscribing. Pictures of the errors below. 

Best, Kira 

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little extra info: it isn't a network error, everything still works fine on my laptop (which is to slow to actually use for work unfortunately). I have a good stable German internet connection, 100 mbps, no problems there. 

Pictures of the errors attached. The red one comes up after the grey one. Second errorSecond errorFirst errorFirst error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KiraHagen, Error 202 occurs because the required digital certificates have either been removed from the computer or are damaged. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/licensing-errors.html for steps you can take to resolve the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've done all the steps on that page already; the first two steps made no difference and the last one made the problem worse. Is there a way to manually replace the user and app certificates? 

Before doing step 3, deleting the user and app certificates, it was only the apps refusing to open. After doing that, the Creative Cloud central app refused to open and I wasn't even able to uninstall anything through Windows - I had to go and rename/ remove folders and then reinstall the creative cloud app from scratch.

Thanks for your help Jeff!

Kira

Best, Kira Hagen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Kira, there is no manual method to add the security certificates.  For your next steps please review the settings for any installed security, anti-malware, disk cleanup, and anti-virus software titles.  Something is invalidating or corrupting the installed certificates.  

You may even want to check for viruses or malware as either of those would have a vested interest in damaging any component that keeps the computer secure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was NOT the correct answer. I had to buy a new C: drive, install Windows from scratch, and reinstall all my programs to get activation working again. Had work that needed to get done and it taking 24 hours to get responses on here, telling me to do things I'd already done and which only made the problem worse, was completely unsatisfactory. Honestly if I could do my work without Adobe programs I'd probably have cancelled my subscription over this. 

Kira

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines