Highlighted

Asking for Proxy Authentication, but I have no proxy to go through

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to install trial versions of Photoshop and Illustrator for two days now, and I keep getting this proxy authentication screen when the installer starts. But I have no proxy that I am going through. What gives?!?!?!?!

Screenshot 2016-12-06 22.19.05.png

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Asking for Proxy Authentication, but I have no proxy to go through

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to install trial versions of Photoshop and Illustrator for two days now, and I keep getting this proxy authentication screen when the installer starts. But I have no proxy that I am going through. What gives?!?!?!?!

Screenshot 2016-12-06 22.19.05.png

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2016 0
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the troubleshooting guide for installing apps, I did the host file patching, and still have this issue. I would buy the apps if I thought it would install but I don't think that would help either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2016 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, I bought them and This still pops up and they ask me for the same thing its super annoying

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone with answers to this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am looking for help on this as well. i spent a  long time today chatting with a tech via adobe chat and he told me to contact my IT department. seriously.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you have a solution for this? I borrowed a new computer and cannot install anything.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erikd42565648  wrote

I borrowed a new computer and cannot install anything.

If this is a Teams or Enterprise account, contact your IT department.  See help article below.

Proxy support

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem, it's my private, home connection and no proxy has ever been used here, or on computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proxy settings are used when your Mac computer is connected to a network that requires a proxy server to access the internet.  These can be discarded when your computer is directly connected to the router or the router installed is the default gateway for accessing the internet.

• You may disable the proxy settings for different network services you are using such as Wi-Fi or Ethernet
  • Click the Apple icon then select the System Preferences… option.
  • Select Network
  • From the left pane, select the network service you wish to disable the proxy settings on, then click the Advanced... button.
  • Select the Proxies tab then uncheck all protocols under Select a protocol to configure then click OK once done
  • restart the machine and then try

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2019 2
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a similar workflow for a Windows computer?

I have the same exact issue and I do not own a Mac. Many thanks in advance!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2020 0