• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Attention!] Creative Cloud causing serious connection issues.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very serious problem, and I hope that if anyone else encounter this, they find this thread.

So the problem?

Suddenly, my internet connection started getting some serious issues, and I thought my network card was singing its last song.
Websites stopped loading, applications stopped connection to the cloud etc, although some applications using direct IP-adress to connect did work, so my first thought was a DNS issue.

I started troubleshooting my PC for hours to no avail, that included tracking IP-adresses and DNS servers, changing drivers for my network card, trying other routers and whatnot. The list goes on and on.

I even re-installed the entire PC after hours of no results.

So with a clean PC, things started working again. I then started installing all my software again from scratch, and suddenly, the problem returned. So again, I started troubleshooting. After starting the PC in safe-mode with network capabilities, I figured out that it wasn't my network card.
After hours of restarting and disabling/activating processes in the background, the cultprit was obvious.

Creative Cloud caused network problems for every single application I used. But it only happened when CC started on windows initial load. I can start it afterwards with no problems.

So basically:

Fresh install of PC

Install CC
== Connection issues.

Solution: Turn off autostart for "Adobe Creative Cloud"

Autostart can be turned off in the application itself, or through searching "msconfig" on windows, autostart tab.

Someone have to take a look at this. I was very close to buying new hardware for my computer, or replacing the entire MOBO, CPU, RAM etc. It took my almost two days to figure this out. It was not an obvious problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

I've found something worth adding for PC users using Windows 10 (unsure how to apply this to Mac):

• Run msconfig - takes you to system configuration (as previously stated by Florrpan)
  • Ensure "Selective Startup" is selected under the General tab.
  • Tick Load system services and Load startup items.
  • Go to the Services tab.
  • Uncheck all Adobe services and click Apply.
  • Go to Startup and open Task Manager.
  • Ensure Adobe Creative Cloud is disabled - this can be done using either your right mouse button or the Disa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Florrpan,

Thanks for sharing the steps that helped resolve the issue for you, this will certainly help our future viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. This has been causing me awful problems too and it took me forever to isolate Adobe CC as the cause. Finding your post and narrowing it down further to AutoStart was a huge time saver.

Disabling AutoStart only seems to be a temporary fix though. I still loose all network connections after a period of working in Adobe CC applications. With AutoStart off I can re-boot and get up-and-running again but its a massive inconvenience to have to do that.

If you are aware of a patch being issued or ultimate fix, please do share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe CC on two MacBook Pros (mine and my wife's). On mine, the CC manager rarely runs; I run it when I want to update something. On hers, it was running all the time, alongside the outdated "Adobe Updater" app.

SLOWDOWN, THEN NOTHING...

For the past 2 weeks, my internet connection has been dropping frequently. First terribly slow, then no connection for 3-4 minutes. Sometimes it would happen every 2-3 minutes, and sometimes it'd be okay for 10 minutes, but never for long. I had an ISP tech out twice -- he dutifully replaced our lines, ran all kinds of tests, but no luck. I moved the router. I replaced my router.

UNINSTALLED CC. VOILA!

I stared at the ever-present Adobe icons at the top of my wife's screen, and wondered, could Adobe CC be flooding the LAN with huge numbers of attempts to connect to Adobe... or to see whether other machines on the same LAN have proper licenses for CC, or whatever? I uninstalled all Adobe products (my wife doesn't use them anyway). Everything in our household was back to normal 90 seconds later.

And now that I think about it, each time my wife closed her MacBook over this period, things worked. Then she'd open it, and within a few minutes, every device was producing "No internet connection" messages. I didn't notice this pattern at the time. This bug kept our iPads, iPhones, MacBooks, Chromecast and Roku from accessing the web reliably for about 2 weeks. In the ~25 years since I began using computers as a kid, this is the most unforgivable, unbelievable bug I have ever encountered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was incredibly helpful - thank you! Why we should have to do anything like this to fix such a fundamental issue is beyond me.

I hope this is fixed soon for other users looking to get setup with the same fluidness that Adobe is well known for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found something worth adding for PC users using Windows 10 (unsure how to apply this to Mac):

• Run msconfig - takes you to system configuration (as previously stated by Florrpan)
  • Ensure "Selective Startup" is selected under the General tab.
  • Tick Load system services and Load startup items.
  • Go to the Services tab.
  • Uncheck all Adobe services and click Apply.
  • Go to Startup and open Task Manager.
  • Ensure Adobe Creative Cloud is disabled - this can be done using either your right mouse button or the Disable button at the bottom of the window.
  • Ensure Adobe Updater Startup Utility is disabled.
  • Ensure Acrotray is disabled.
  • Restart your PC.

Happy creating! If anyone does all of this and runs into issues please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have gone through all the steps you have outlined and I still consistently get this problem.

It is definitely adobe creative cloud causing this problem because when I uninstall adobe CC the computer works fine, however, after reinstall, the problem returns.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this EXACT same problem. Spent time on the phone with Adobe and hours troubleshooting on my own. In the end the only thing that fixed it was changing ports on the ethernet card on the back of my computer. Very weird. Nothing else worked. It seemed to be dropping me every time I sent data and since CC was sending lots of requests I was getting dropped often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my day ! 👍 ..... Big Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem.  This video saved me for big-time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if745CpIr_Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End of 2021, and I still have the same problem. 

Installed Windows 11 and Adobe CC, and my internet went chaos. I hated on Windows 11 and installed back Windows 10. Everythings fine. 3 days later I needed photoshop again and installed creative cloud. Same issues reappeared again. This was the hint that it must be Creatice cloud. Please fix this Adobe, I was going crazy for 1 month because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help. I have just started Adobe Creative Cloud but it turned out to the internet connection issue that bothered me the most. At the moment, whenever I use my Creative Cloud Desktop, the interface always turns to offline mode owing to the internet connection issue of Adobe CC. Hopefully, I will figure out the way to eliminate this hindrance soon. All in all, thank you for the tip and wishing you all the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absurd... we pay a lot of money for these adobe products and this should be fixed by adobe.

I had no problems until i upgraded to Windows 11.   Now anytime adobe does an update it crashes my network.

10000% this is an adobe problem.

FIX IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daveh16729353 

what do you see when "it crashes my network"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It causes my core router to freeze and crash, which brings down my entire network.

It is very repeatable…. i first saw it when trying to install the elements suite. Now it happens everytime there is a creative cloud update like the camera raw update that just came out.

Whatever core component Adobe is using in its software to download from the adobe servers is broken. It is obviously creating bad or flood traffic and locking up routers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daveh16729353 

update your router's firmware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😄 xD An must should not kill network. And the problems exists since forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jaanust98144115 

exactly what problem are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2024 still same problems. Ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed, this is an issue in 2024. Just after installing Substance Designer 3D and all the additional Adobe bloatwarr apps, my performant computer was unable to connect to the internet, also, something was using up all the resources on my computer.

I had to restart in Windows Safe Mode then I rolled back my computer to the restore point before I installed adobe's suite and everything is back to normal. 

I am cancelling my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Matthew34520427c16x 

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines