Highlighted

Back saving causes dash lines to segment?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using Adobe CC 2020

Where I work I am using the pen tool a lot to draw lines for maps. I then have to backsave the document to CS2 for manufacturing purposes. I have noticed after saving files, where the maps require dashed lines, and then reopening the file all of my dashed lines have been broken into segments, which is a major annoyance when it comes to revisions. I seem to only get this issue when I have to use dashed lines. Solid lines do not seem to have this issue. 

Is this something that the back save is causing or is there a setting I am not seeing that causes this? 

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Back saving causes dash lines to segment?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using Adobe CC 2020

Where I work I am using the pen tool a lot to draw lines for maps. I then have to backsave the document to CS2 for manufacturing purposes. I have noticed after saving files, where the maps require dashed lines, and then reopening the file all of my dashed lines have been broken into segments, which is a major annoyance when it comes to revisions. I seem to only get this issue when I have to use dashed lines. Solid lines do not seem to have this issue. 

Is this something that the back save is causing or is there a setting I am not seeing that causes this? 

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe currently has 23 programs included in a full Cloud subscription
Please post the name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 is ancient software.  I don't know which app you're using but can you try saving work with a CS5 compatibility instead of CS2?  It might make a difference or it might not.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines