Exit

Backups Caches

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm on Mac.

I'd like to have backups of caches, etc. directly in the creative cloud but some are still in my document folder in my Icloud.

How do I change?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Julie

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can change which folder you sync to your cc account.  is that what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meaning that some elements like After Effect are put in my documents (Icloud) instead of where I want them to be.

The elements that go in the Icloud are :

- User Libraries
- User Presets
- Video Libraries
etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to check both your After Effects preferences (Edit > Preferences > Media & Disk Cache) and project settings to see where they are set to save. After that check your iCloud settings to see which directories they are set to backup. It sounds like one of these likely needs to be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caches are probably the only thing you use which needs no backup... and which should always be on local disk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines