Highlighted

Being charged a cancellation fee for a month to month subscription!

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to be charged a cancellation fee of $197 and something cents! I was on a month to month plan, why is this happening? If anyone from the adobe team could reply to this that would be helpful.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

You agreed to the Terms of Service when you joined.

Legal subscription terms | Adobe

Month-to-month (no annual contract, cancel at anytime)
Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, every month, until you cancel. Because there’s no annual contract, your rate is subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand. If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, your payment is non-refundable and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.

Annual contract, paid monthly
Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month for the duration of your annual contract. If the applicable VAT rate (or other included tax or duty) changes during your one-year term, the tax-inclusive price will adjust accordingly. Your contract will renew automatically, on your annual renewal date, until you cancel. Renewal rates are subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand. If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Being charged a cancellation fee for a month to month subscription!

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to be charged a cancellation fee of $197 and something cents! I was on a month to month plan, why is this happening? If anyone from the adobe team could reply to this that would be helpful.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, every month, until you cancel. Because there’s no annual contract, your rate is subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand. If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, your payment is non-refundable and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.

Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month for the duration of your annual contract. If the applicable VAT rate (or other included tax or duty) changes during your one-year term, the tax-inclusive price will adjust accordingly. Your contract will renew automatically, on your annual renewal date, until you cancel. Renewal rates are subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand. If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to post something simalier, i thought i was on a normal month to month plan but i find out im going charged a cancellation fee. Im not happy. I would not of thought Adobe would of had such an old school approach and lock people in contracts thats what telcos do its 2017 let people cancel when they like.  [moderated]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2017 2
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know exactly how you feel, I've contacted Adobe support. The fact that the "cancellation fee" information was no where easily accessible is quite misleading and the fact they accept payment quickly is unsettling. I'll see what reply i get by them soon. I continued to use their service after they basically trippled the fee on me but now it's becoming too expensive. And then with the cancellation fee...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2017 4
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2017 1
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. This feels a lot like being scammed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 5
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chances are you are mistaken and are not on the month to month plan but on an annual plan paid monthly.  You can probably confirm this either by contacting Adobe support or even just checking the amount you paid monthly for the plan against the plan charges.  The month to month plan costs 1 and a half times more than the annual plan paid monthly.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Contact Customer Care

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2017 2
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the end of the day Adobe does a great job at NOT making the early cancellation fee easily recognized during initial signup. Classless company that I'll never support again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 2