• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Being charged for subscription in local currency

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will we be able to pay in ZAR in South Africa? You can pay a Netflix subscription in a local amount that is affordable...I pay in USD, and this has seen my Adobe subscription jump from R500 and something to around R700 in the recent month due to exchange rate and economy....I simply cannot afford this! I don't earn enough to justify that I give Adobe a tenth of my salary every month! When can we expect a local currency charge?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the link below to make a report or request
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t see that a local currency option will make it more affordable. In countries (like Australia) which have local currency prices, Adobe set the price based on converting the USD price, and adjust every year to reflect currency changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that the Oz dollar is as suseptible to huge fluctuations against the USD as the South African Rand is. And we also have a MUCH lower per capita income than in Oz. Seeing my subscription jump from the price I took it on as at R500 to now over R700 in a couple of months is not affordable. That may "only" be 34 USD, but in ZAR it's a lot! It will encourage many to go back to hacked versions. If there was a set price at R500 that I could budget for, that's all well and good, but when it goes up by a third, that is not affordable. If it is so that in Oz you have a yearly alteration, that is more affordable, as you can then make a decision at the start of the yearly subscription and can put it into your budget and percentage of your quotes and determine how much work you need to get in to make it affordable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I completely agree with the logic presented here and in your later reply. It becomes difficult to remain competitive as a small business if you constantly have to factor in a fluctuating economy, especially during a worldwide pandemic. If Adobe could create a standard rate during this time, at the very least, it would provide much-needed stability to a number of sole proprietors in developing nations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines