• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Adobe software to use....

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new project that I want to do which I can only really describe it as an interactive infographic where I can scroll along a timeline and be able to click on links to take me to other parts of the infographic. To be honest, I'm not completely sure what I want this to look like yet but I'm looking for the best Adobe programme to use to create it. I have a feeling the finished thing is likely to be an app sort of thing.

I come from a graphics background so familiar with InDesign and Illustrator but I am not against trying other software - definitely up for learning something new - though I have next to no experience with coding.

Any suggestions of programmes which would be worth looking at would be gratefully received. I've had a quick look at XD/Dreamweaver/Spark but not entirely sure if that is what I'm looking for.

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD is a prototyping tool only.  Don't waste your time with it.  Spark is for creating a 1 page, online story, press release or newsletter.  Probably not what you want either.

Infographics are most often found on websites and start off in a vector graphics app like Illustrator, exported to SVG.  SVG is an XML-based code that can be further edited in Dreamweaver which is the app of choice for creating your web pages in HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript code. 

That said, adding interactivity and animation to infographics requires good coding skills.  If you don't know how to program, look at Animate CC.  See link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/how-to/animated-infographic.html

Post back if you have questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines