• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best practices for managing two CC memberships?

Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am posting this here since I am not seeing a Creative Cloud membership forum... Please move it to the appropriate place if there is one.

I have two CC memberships, one provided by my employer, and a personal one. I sometimes need to use apps that are part of the employer subscription, therefore I am sometimes logging in and out of my two memberships on my personal machine. 

I have the personal subscription because I want to be on the up and up, and not have to worry about losing access to my personal work should something change regarding my employment. The work subscription is the full-blown-all-access (but not Portfolio, apparently). The personal subscription is the 20gb photography plan.

I'm sure I am not alone in this situation. I was wondering how others handle this and if there are any best practices.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Thank you Tkfy. I do not shoot pictures for work, so the two subscriptions do have different contents in the Adobe Cloud. But, we don't use Cloud Libraries at work, as they are inconsistently accessible due to network security. My personal subscription is photography only, Classic Lightroom, with Collections syncing to the Adobe Cloud for access on other devices. And Photoshop of course! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Best Practice that I know of. What you are doing is the only way to manage using both on the same computer. You can't have 2 logins at the same time on one computer.

Funny that you say Except Portfolio for the company subscription as I am under the impression that comes with every Full subscription and with the Photography plan. Why does that matter to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JSM: I was wanting to experiment with Portfolio, check it out, when logged into the corporate account. It would not load, despite the fact that it is listed as available. My guess is that they can customize which apps are available to users in the large enterprise version of the subscription, and chose to not make it available. AND, if I decided to use Portfolio, I did not want to lose access to my site if something happens to my employment status and my corporate Adobe ID is deleted. Short version: Portfolio is usable. So--time to get legit and have my own subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dunaz, good evening.
I don't think my case will help, but ...
Even have both CC subscriptions and individual subscriptions paid by the employer.
Both are All Apps.
Since the contents of the application may be the same for both corporate and

individual subscriptions, you will have to pay for the money unless you have

special circumstances like me during the period when you have a license

from your employer. Since you will need to log in and log out each time,

you should consider a contract when you need a license.

My special circumstances are that there are too many PCs to be installed,

and I had to log in and log out each time, and it was cheap at

a special price at that time. Thanks to this, the account can be used properly,

but the login and logout has been saved.

If you have special circumstances like me, or if you don't use the cloud that

you have with your personal account, you should consult customer care,

cancel your personal account, and re-contract when you need it. Is one way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Tkfy. I do not shoot pictures for work, so the two subscriptions do have different contents in the Adobe Cloud. But, we don't use Cloud Libraries at work, as they are inconsistently accessible due to network security. My personal subscription is photography only, Classic Lightroom, with Collections syncing to the Adobe Cloud for access on other devices. And Photoshop of course! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines