• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken link to download Extend Script Toolkit 3.5.1 Update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a valid link to perform a manual update for Extend Script Toolkit 3.5.1 Update for Mac OS.

The links from ExtendScript Toolkit Archives is broken.  Can someone provide a source for the update file?

I am installing CS5 on El Capitan and need to perform manual updates as the application manager cannot perform the update.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissap80370136,

As you have mentioned you are unable to download the update for Adobe ExtendScript as the link on the page is broken.

Thanks for sharing this with us, I will get this checked by the concerned team and get back to you.

Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melissap80370136, the link has been fixed please click here and try the download: ExtendScript Toolkit Archives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download the update, but an error occurs stating the image couldn't be opened; reason: image not recognized. I am updating on an El Capitan system.  Is there a problem with the installer files? I tried both of the following links with the same error.

Mac OS: AdobeExtendScriptToolkit3.5.0-mul.dmg

Mac OS: AdobeExtendScriptToolkit3.5.0-mul-AdobeUpdate.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissap80370136,

As you have mentioned that you got an error "Image Not Recognised" while installing AdobeExtendeScriptToollit. I would request you to try the steps mentioned in this link: - Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) to install the same.

Please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving the "image not recognized" error when trying to open the DMG to mount the installer.  In this case I am stuck at step 2 of the instruction for Creative Suite 5.5, 5, and 4 in: - Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissap80370136,

Could you please share the link which you have used to download the application, so that we can try it here at our end and assist you further?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem of AdobeExtendScriptToolkit3.5.0-mul.dmg [image not recognized] still exists.

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LiMiN, I am sorry you are unable to mount the image.  Which Adobe software title are you attempting to use ExtendScript 3.5 with?

The current version of ExtendScript is available for installation within the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application or from Download Creative Cloud apps .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can download CC version with my Creative Cloud. I need to go to the "Settings" and check "view old versions".
So I can install the Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CC. But can users see this information just at this page? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, LiMiN.  What was prompting you to begin the installation of ExtendScript? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why there is no "view old versions" in my Creative Cloud? I am a newer to ExtendScript and never installed it before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haojunl79047905, are attempting to install ExtendScript CC or ExtendScript 3.5.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haojunl79047905 which version are you using of ExtendScript?

For future viewers of this discussion if you are facing difficulties downloading ExtendScript 3.5.1 then if can you please post why you need the older version of ExtendScript, it would be appreciated.  Please also include the operating system you are using to begin the download process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I'm currently developing using the Visual Studio Code plugin, which works fine (most of the time).
I'm looking to download  the ExtendScript 3.5.1 toolkit because I cant find the sample projects which are mentioned here anywhere else on the web.
Could you please provide a link to download those?
By the way: I tried installing ExtendScript 3.5.1 on Catilina 10.15.3 and got the "image not recognised" error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, dmg not recognized

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Federicod46888987, what version of macOS are you attempting to mount the image on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Federicod46888987, and other's who are participating in this discussion, which Adobe software title are you attempting to use ExtendScript 3.5 with? 

I understand that you are downloading ExtendScript 3.5 on macOS 10.12.6 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe After Effects. I was able to use it just fine after I installed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Federicod46888987, what version of After Effects?  The current CC release of After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could work it out allowing in the adobe creative cloud app (in the top bar) to view old apps, and the ExtendScript Toolkit appeared, so I was able to install it. Pain in the *** though. I mean, how can it be Adobe has a broken .dmg in its own website.

How to install it through the Adobe Creative Cloud App:

Go to

Preferences  > creative cloud  > Show older applications (I have it in spanish so I don't know the exact translation, but it should be something like that)

Check the box and it should appear in "Apps".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Federicod46888987, ExtendScript CC is the current version of ExtendScript.  It is likely the DMG will not mount on newer operating systems.  Once I determine which Adobe software title individuals are trying to use ExtendSript 3.5 with, then we can determine which OS might be necessary to complete the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines