Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe Apps be stored in iCloud?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I don't have much space on my computer but I use all Adobe CC Apps. I have been trying to find ways to make them take up less storage, like installing them on external drives, before being told by Adobe that it is not possible. I was wondering if you could store/install Adobe apps in iCloud (I use a Mac)? As in, run the apps from iCloud so that they don't take up any space? If not, are there any other ways to minimise the amount of space Adobe Apps take on your computer?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ICloud is just a cloud storage not a OS, applications need OS as well to be installed. You could create VM on an external drive and then install your apps over that, use softwares like VMWareFusion, VirtualBox for creating and using VM's

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that. Thanks for the reply. Which Virtual Machine would you recommend and what prices? Also, if I'm running it on an external drive will it be able to run Adobe Apps such as Premiere Pro or games such as Minecraft or Minecraft Dungeons well? Doesn't need to be high-end-never-glitchy-at-all, as long as it's not too laggy to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtualbox is a free software you can use it, just find vm files for the OS that you want and you should be good. If you are on a MAC, you can also install a version of MAC on an external drive and boot into it

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to MOVE other Jumk you have on your Mac's Internal drive to an External drive (Or just Delete stuff you do not need or want anymore) to free up the needed space.

Unless you are using a very old Mac (and in Apple terms that could be only 3-5 years old) or bought the lowest cost model with the smallest internal drive, most come with at least a 500GB drive of some type.

So dependiing on what files you have stored away there should be plenty of room, Space, to install Adobe applications.

As said above toy can't install programs on an external drive or in the clouds. Especially on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've cleaned up my Mac multiple times this week and I still have this big chunk of space called 'Other' which I can't figure out what it is. I cleaned all my Cache which didn't make a difference and I have no documents or downloads. So I'm not sure what the problem is with my storage but thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not web apps, but ordinary apps that have to be installed on your locally connected disk. You need LOTS of space to install CC and EVEN MORE to run then effectively. Suggest you invest in a good external disk to plug in to your computer. If your system disk isn't big enough you still have a disaster but you may be able to put it off a while. Many computers are now sold with SSD disks that just aren't big enough for any serious work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a very good external drive with lots of free space for apps, but unfortunately Adobe Apps cannot be installed on external drives 😞 But if I were to get an SSD disk or an SDXC disk, would it go into my SDXC disk? I have a 2017 Macbook Air. Also if it were to go in then would it be counted as an internal or external drive? Adobe doesn't let me install anything on my external drive, only on my internal one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud gives the option to choose to install to another drive, but maybe not to removable ones. Horrible things would happen if the drive was unplugged. You can and should move your Photoshop Scratch disk, but I agree, you need a computer with a sufficiently big internal drive if you want to use high end apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iCloud?  No.

When the software you use most won't fit on your primary hard drive, it's time to budget for a new computer.  The one you have now isn't meeting your needs.

Please ensure your next computer exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.  Keeping in mind these are min-specs, your mileage will vary depending on the type of digital content you create, file size, etc...  A Windows workstation will usually give you more for your money than a laptop.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started this process. You cannot move all of your photos from creative cloud to an external HD? This is what I was planning to take care of the sotorage issue too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy files to your external drive to back them up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How much free space is on your internal drive? That's what you need to clean up and move a bunch of off to external storage. Pictures. videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines