• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe be set for each program to Open from its last used source?

Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd try here as it seems more general.

One little thing that bugs me in using the Adobe Suite is that when I choose Open from the drop down File menu, it defaults to the file for the last opened program, not that individual program. For example, if I opened a document in Illustrator in a specific folder I created and then open After Effects and try to open file from there, it will start from that Illustrator file I last opened, not the last opened After Effects file. 

Is there a setting I can change to affect this behavior? 

TOPICS
Feature request , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know there isn't a setting like this.

This is also not the forum for feature requests, as Adobe doesn't monitor this forum for feature requests. On the main page of the forum is a linke that says "Submit Product Feedback", use that link to put forth your request.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Not really a feature request. I just wanted to know if it is possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I have an individual subscription to CC which is installed on my primary hard drive. 

I work with Photoshop and Dreamweaver mostly.  But this is true for ALL Creative Cloud apps.  The Open Recent file history is always the last image opened in Photoshop.  Or the last HTML or CSS document opened in Dreamweaver.  At no point have the two Recent file lists ever crossed over.  One reason being that DW doesn't open images and Photoshop does not recognize HTML or CSS files.  But more importantly, the Recent file history is unique and stored separately in each application.

What I suspect is really happening is that you're going to File > Open (not Open Recent) and your operating system is defaulting to whichever folder was last accessed on your machine.  And that has nothing to do with Creative Cloud.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines