• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I delete the AdobeTmp folder in Windows (without trashing apps)

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having a system clean-up, and discovered the folder .  Its size is 16.6 GB, mostly due to Encore and Flash related subfolders of that.  It seems to contain a copy of some of the applications (and their libraries) already installed.

The "Tmp" suffix suggests I can delete this, like maybe it was temporarily used during installation.  Is that correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

possibly.

what you can do is rename (any non-os system folder), i like to prefix with $, and use the computer for a few weeks.  if you don't notic a problem, you can delete.  if you notice a problem, rename back to the orignal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

possibly.

what you can do is rename (any non-os system folder), i like to prefix with $, and use the computer for a few weeks.  if you don't notic a problem, you can delete.  if you notice a problem, rename back to the orignal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad, in fact I moved it to another disk, because my system drive was desparately full...

Also, while I was waiting for a first response from anybody, I posted much the same question at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1276853

Seems like I'm the only one to have encountered this thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not a common folder so i'm not sure it's even from an adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best guess from the other thread (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1276853) is that it is from an adobe product but it resulted from an interrupted install, which at its completion would have deleted that folder anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that sounds plausible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to be a hidden Windows folder... i guess thats why no one has seen it. I am a relatively advanced user, and onky came across it today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines