• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I download InDesign with out installing Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our daily newspaper uses InDesign for layout and we have the creative Cloud All Access with all the apps. Is there a way to install JUST InDesign on my lapto for travel use with out installing the CC? Our CC is large and as we all know the CC installs all the files in it on each device that has access to the CC which bricks my MacBook Pro. I have an upcoming trip and just want to have InDesign and use the web version of CC. Is that possible? Or is it possible to shut off automatic CC file syncing / downloads? Help please 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking, writing, about the Creative Cloud Desktop app you are misstaken on the space need to install it.

2020-10-11 21_40_41-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

As for it Bricking your Mac that is a problem with YOUR Mac and not with the Adobe CC desktop app.

It is up to the company you work for what Adobe programs you can install on YOUR notebook.

So you should contact their IT team that deals with the Adobe programs they use.

Also there is no WEB version. All the Adobe programs get installed on the hard drive/s that are connected to that computer. They are NOT run from over the internet. Creative Cloud is just a Name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I should elaborate more 

I am aware the actual programs are not web based. The InDesign doesn't take up that space nor does the CC application. I have the CC All Access so I have access to all the programs. I was talking about the web based CC Library access. You can go on safari / Chrone (whatever browser you use) and download individual files or assets.

what my issue is is the CC isn't technically a cloud storage service but rather a service to access my team's  work from my computer and mine on theirs. When I try to install InDesign it automatically downloads and installs ALL of the libraries which is MASSIVE for a MacBook Pro and causes the "no storage space" error which essentially bricks or until I get rid of stuff. 

What I want to do is download InDesifn on my laptop with nothing else not even CC and use the Adobe website to access my CC files while I'm out of town.

I hooe this was clearer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the typos I am holding a baby and am one handed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines