• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use two different CC programs on two computers at the same time?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a very important question about CC. I was searching for the solution in internet, but unfortunatelly I didn't found an answer, so I would be really glad for help.

As far as I know, I can't use two same CC programs on two different computers at the same time. But! Is there any possibility for me to run Photoshop on my laptop and Premiere Pro on my PC? It would be really helpful for me. I'm asking because lately I saw opinion of one of Abobe employees, where he was saying that it's ok - but I'm not sure if I understood it good enough.

Well, that's all. I'm sorry for me english, it's certainly not the best, but I hope that I'm still easy to understand.

Best regards,

Mateusz.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

John yes the membership can be activated and utilized on two computers at the same time.  The same membership is used to allow  Photoshop CC 2017 and/or Premiere CC 2017 to be opened on both computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I think your licence allows you to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if you bought a licence for multiple devices otherwise only 1 device is allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally Adobe permits two activations. So it is possible to install on there or more machines as long as only two are activated (signed-in)

With regard to Premiere Pro most users would expect to render and use the export queue whilst continuing to edit. If this is not possible whilst signed-in on two separate computers; then Adobe must have a CC design flaw!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question being asked though is whether you can use Photoshop on one activated computer while also using Premiere Pro on your second activated computer (e.g. processing renders) at the same time.

To this day, I have never seen a clear answer from Adobe on that either in the Terms of Service, the EULAs or even in these forums.

Most replies end up discussing activations, not using two separate software apps at the same time on different computers.

Most people and Adobe staffers guess that it's OK but no-one has provided a definitive answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed John. Most developers are permitting cloud sync and editing to/ from multiple devices. It is what subscribers expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mateusz the information provided by Terri, John, and John is correct and you can utilize Photoshop CC 2017, and Premiere Pro CC 2017, on two separate computers.  Your membership allows for your individual use of the software on up to two computers.  If you need to exceed the amount then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care.  If you have a reason, as an individual user, to use your membership on more than two computers then an adjustment can be made.

For the average individual two computers meets most of their needs.  If you exceed your amount of allowable activations then you can easily choose the deactivate all option.  This will allow you to activate on the current computer.  You can then reactivate on the second computer you wish to continue utilizing your Creative Cloud membership on.  For complete details regarding the activation process please see Activate and deactivate Adobe products Mateusz.

Also in relation to the Digital Video software titles it is possible to continue renders utilizing Media Encoder CC 2017 without utilizing an activation.  I am not very familiar with the Digital Video products personally but John, John, and Terri have more experience in this area.  My understanding is that projects can be queued up for processing in the background using Media Encoder CC 2017.

Mateusz if you have any additional questions please update this discussion.

Terri, John, and John please let me know if I can provide any additional clarification regarding the activation process for Creative Cloud Individual members.  The process is very similar for Team and Enterprise memberships but there are additional methods for licensing those memberships.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>on two separate computers

Yes... but the question is about using one subscription to use two different programs on two different computers AT THE SAME TIME

As John Waller said in message #4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John yes the membership can be activated and utilized on two computers at the same time.  The same membership is used to allow  Photoshop CC 2017 and/or Premiere CC 2017 to be opened on both computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff, would you be able to tell me if this is still the case in 2020?

I need to have CC instalñled on two machines and use photoshop and illustrator on one machine to prepare assets and Premiere and After Effects on another machine to work on video content and rendering.

Is there an actual recent post (2019/2020) where I would be able to get confirmation on this and see if this suits my use case?

Thanks,

Bruno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines