• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I work with Photoshop on my desktop without being signed to Adobe Cloud?

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Photoshop and other apps from the (Photographers Plan). I had Photoshop open as I was working on an imagebut when I tried to logoff Adobe Cloud but continue to work in Photoshop, I got a warning that if I logged off any apps I was using will be unabled.

Can I work off line?  What do I need to do to Activate my plan's apps after installation?

Thanks for any assistance in clarifying this newy on the cloud' issue for me. 🙂

Rocio

Rocío López-Bretzlaff
TOPICS
Activation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you "should" be able to use your adobe programs for, at least, 30 days while off line.  but that doesn't always work.

the only reliable way i've find to continue to use adobe programs while off-line is to open them while online and signed-in, and then leave them open.  you can minimize and leave them in the background for weeks without problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank yhou for your reply Kglad, somehow, I closed the application (after download and installation, and after I got the warning mentioned above) and restarted the computer, then I was able to open it again without having to sign in into Adobe.  My understanding is, that you can work off line, as long as you continue to work in the programs often enough, and that you only need to sign into Adobe if you have not open the program for more than 30 days.  I don't want to leave them open all the time, because sometimes I need to have other programs open or install updates, and I need to have all apps closed.  For now is working... with some bugs that I need to investigate how to resolve. But that is another issue. Thanks for guidance, at least I know is something that can be resolved. 🙂

Rocío López-Bretzlaff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

opening and leaving open is only helpful if you're not going to have an internet connection for some period of tiime during which you might want to use an adobe program.

eg, for me, that most often occurs when i'm traveling (pre-covid days) usually in airports and on planes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not sign-out of Creative Cloud.  Even if the Internet service quits, you can keep using your desktop apps.

Creative Cloud apps must call home once every 30 days or so to confirm your subscription is active.  Pre-paid plan holders get 90 days between calls.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines