Highlighted

Can school pupils get a free download of CS5?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a school teacher and our pupils use Adobe Creative Suite 5. The school purchased enough licences for use in school many years ago before I worked at the school.

We now want our pupils to use at home. Can they download and use a free version of CS5? There seems to be plenty of legitimate web sites offering a free download. Is a license required any more?

Thanks David

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can school pupils get a free download of CS5?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a school teacher and our pupils use Adobe Creative Suite 5. The school purchased enough licences for use in school many years ago before I worked at the school.

We now want our pupils to use at home. Can they download and use a free version of CS5? There seems to be plenty of legitimate web sites offering a free download. Is a license required any more?

Thanks David

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no legitimate sites offering a free download of pay-for Adobe apps. They are pirates, out to scam you as well as steal from Adobe. Often “free downloads” are really there to infect with malware. Definitely not something to inflict on your pupils. So far as I know Adobe’s provisions for home working today extend only to schools with a current subscription. The “pay once” model was given up years ago. Sorry not to have better news. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines