• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't activate Lightroom after Time Machine (Mac OS)

Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. My name is Evan FORGET, and I'm photoreporter. Sorry for my English, I'm French.

I changed Macbook Pro recently. I had a 13" with MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 at a 15" with the same version of macOS.

I made a Time Machine backup that I restored. Everything worked except Lightroom.

When I launch Lightroom it tells me that I have already reached the maximum number of computers, but I use only one device for Lightroom, and I never communicated my license.

I searched for my account, I do not see where I could remove the previous computer under Time Machine. I reinstalled Lightroom 6 (not the CC version), Creative Cloud, and all Adobe programs. I tried to contact technical support, but it seems that I am not eligible for service by phone (why ?? !!).

I find that the subscription formula is too expensive (140 € per year !!) and I bought Lightroom 6 in June 2015 on a definitive license without subscription (for 130 €), and I don't want to upgrade version CC which I do not use.

Someone has a solution? I do not find anything

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Hello.

I have to contact the support of telephone of Adobe with a number found at random on a forum (it's crazy, there is not even on the official website !!). He redirected me to a chat counselor who is not necessarily the most friendly and very critical of Apple and the Mac. He added an "exceptional" license to my account so that I could use my computer.

I'm really disappointed with the Adobe service.

When I see that my version of Lightroom 6 has half as much update as the same version of Lightro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell everyone you know who owns a Mac, including Apple employees... Mac Migration and Time Machine DO NOT WORK properly with Adobe program activations due to hidden registration files that are not included when Migration or Time Machine make their copies

Sign out of your account... Uninstall... run the Cleaner...

-for non-Cloud programs you need to DE-activate before uninstalling

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html (and uninstall)

-using the cleaner after uninstalling and before reinstalling is often needed

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

-Restart your computer... Sign in to your account... Reinstall

-and 5 steps in reply #1 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2144928

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message but.. dosen't work.

I instal CC-Cleaner by Adobe, I unistal, restart, read all pages in your links, and... nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello.

I have to contact the support of telephone of Adobe with a number found at random on a forum (it's crazy, there is not even on the official website !!). He redirected me to a chat counselor who is not necessarily the most friendly and very critical of Apple and the Mac. He added an "exceptional" license to my account so that I could use my computer.

I'm really disappointed with the Adobe service.

When I see that my version of Lightroom 6 has half as much update as the same version of Lightroom 6 in Creative Cloud when I paid the high price for the purchase, I am disappointed from the beginning to the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines