Highlighted

Can't downgrade Premiere to previous updated versions.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accidentally upgraded to the newest version of Premiere.

I need to be on 11.1.2 specifically.

When I try to download a previous version the only options are CC 7.0 and CS 6.0.

Anyone have a workaround or an updated way of downgrading back to 11.1.2, thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't downgrade Premiere to previous updated versions.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accidentally upgraded to the newest version of Premiere.

I need to be on 11.1.2 specifically.

When I try to download a previous version the only options are CC 7.0 and CS 6.0.

Anyone have a workaround or an updated way of downgrading back to 11.1.2, thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

previous versions may help https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2389056 see reply #3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah dumb isn't it. When you go to Photoshop and Illustrator "other versions" there they all are as expected.

I just spent 20 mins on a support chat about this who didn't see this was a problem and gave me this page:

Download Creative Cloud apps

which is out of date so (for now) it still has the 11.1.2 version available (even though the installer says it's 11.1.4). Gotta love Adobe and their crazy version numbering!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeCzeiz and Martin Baker my apologies but there are plans to restore the ability to install additional versions of Premiere Pro CC.  Currently the only options available are those in the following screen shot:

Premiere Pro other versions.png

Please bookmark Download Creative Cloud apps that was referenced by Martin Baker in post #2. As the older versions will be made available on this page in addition to the Creative Cloud desktop app.  The updates may even appear on the page prior to being visible within the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously. I am completely stuck. How can I work on a project that wont be backwards compatible when the older version is reinstated... This is terrible management. I have been a subscriber for over a decade, I need this functionality. It's extremely important!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 3
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Clouddisaster about the absurdity of this current situation. I upgraded to CC 2017 on Tuesday, but found out my video driver/ graphics card is no longer supported on new editions of Premiere Pro CC. I have a 2012 Macbook, bought new in January of 2013…

In other words, I won’t be able to use Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 without buying a new computer, so I need to go back to my previous edition.

I found out that the next available previous edition goes all the way back to Premiere CC 7.0 (2013).  I can't install this because A) My OS (High Sierra) has a QuickTime bundle that doesn't work with that old of a version of Premiere,
and B) even if i could get the 2013 version working, all my projects I am currently working on wouldn't be able to load because of the regressed software.

Right now I am in a horrible purgatory between having software that is too new for Premiere CC 7.0, and hardware that is too old for Premiere Pro 12.0 (the newest update).

Which leaves my options as:

1. Adobe gives us the ability to download all prior versions of Premiere, just like all the other CC applications. OR
  2. Get a new computer.

My preference here should be obvious.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sueg2145062 I am sorry that you need access to the older version of Premiere Pro.  Please do bookmark Download Creative Cloud apps as it will be updated as soon as the installation files are available publicly.

If you have an immediate need then please work directly with our support team at Contact Customer Care Sueg2145062.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good, Jeff. You don't have an ETA for those, do you?

Thank you for all of your help! Really, it is sincerely appreciated to know that a solution is on the way. Thanks for what you do for us!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an ETA on when older copies of Premiere Pro will become available Sueg2145062. 

The download page at Download Creative Cloud apps is the best resource.  The Creative Cloud desktop app can take up to 24 hours to show an update depending upon when the last update check was made.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of crap is why I've avoided going to Creative Cloud for so long.  Right now I'm log jammed because I can't run the new version of CC - even after going through Adobe's five possible areas that might cause the problem.  The claim is that Premier Pro CC "can't find any capable video play modules". I wasted four hours trying to resolve this problem today.  And this is supposed to be software made for professionals?  I hate this and am actively looking for alternatives. I need stability.   But, no surprise, Premier Pro CS 5.0 and CS 6.0 run perfectly.  Unfortunately, they don't have the audio normalization feature that I need. The cloud complicates things unnecessarily!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, Do you know when the older versions will be available?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 1
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, we are 6 months further now.
I had to clean install my Windows 10 machine after a bad update by Windows bricked my machine. (And it keeps happening.)
Only to discover Adobe now bricks my long term productions in PPro CC2015 by denying access to that version, which was far more stable than 2017 or 2018.

After over a decade with Adobe this feels like a bad ugly surprise.

Anyone got a reliable installer file for me? 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Walter, as of this writing, Adobe has not restored the availability of CC 2015 – please see:

Prior major releases of Premiere, Audition, Prelude and AME have been removed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 1
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you're at it, perhaps Adobe could sort out the inconsistency in the naming of these versions?

The current version installs as

"Premiere Pro CC 2018"

The splash screen just says "Premiere Pro CC"

but the official version is 12.0 when you go to the About screen

while this page calls it...

New features summary for the October 2017 release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Why does it have to be this confusing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it have to be this confusing?

Personally, I go with Hanlon's razor.  Though neither option is very forgiving.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is trying.... version 9.0 is now available on the app manger, but without direct links to the updates I'm still completely stuck.

Adobe CC 2015 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2015 Release | ProDesignTools
This website is helpful for direct downloads but the premiere update for 10.3 and 10.4 are not available so I'm still just twiddling my thumbs as my employer breaths down my neck...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE to have Premier version 10.3 or 10.4 available as well. Otherwise I'm going to need to redo some work. Or upgrade my OS. Neither of which I want to do right now. I know I'm to blame for some of my trouble.

BUT

I find it ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that I cannot reinstall the software through the app a higher version than 7.0. When I had either 10.3 or 10.4 installed and working very well previously.

Really?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 3