• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download any apps from Creative Cloud - install stuck at 42% for apps installing...

Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download apps from Creative Cloud and they aren't installing.

They keep freezing at 42%.

I have un-installed creative Cloud, and restarted but still no joy.

I have no apps and all my 62GB Creative Cloud files are resyncing in a new Creative Cloud folder.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe via chat and a tech chap remotely logged into my Mac and uninstalled everything Adobe and then reinstalled everything. I also had to resync all my files (64GB) again. Needless to say it took a long time to sort.

It was all working until this morning. Now I have no indicators of what is synced (no green ticks on any folders), and I can only create shares via the website UI.

I'm contacting Adobe again.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm did they removed Adobe folders from User and System Library , Application folder and Utilities?

What was the issue description Tech Support  gave you ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They removed everything... and I mean everything from my Mac related to Adobe software.

File corruption could have been the issue. Techie chap explained it was easier to remove everything and start again.

The support I was given was first rate from Adobe via the remote login.

Took nearly all day to sort, downloading apps and syncing all my files back.

Have a done a restart after this morning (and fingers crossed) it's working as should again....

(Mac OSX 10.10.5 on a MacPro5,1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay ,

Good to know information:

Installation hanging at 42 % indicates that there is issues with starting installation process.

Adobe Creative Cloud app work flow :

• 0-42% = Download process.
  • After 42%= Extraction .
  • 42-90% = Installation process.
  • 90-100% = Update .

So there was an issue with the initialization of Installation process.

Common reasons :

Conflicting processes running in background ,especially related to Adobe or setup related process.

Media.db file corruption, if the  installer is unable to update installation media info on db file , it will not start installation process.

Not only these , there are other factors which might cause issue, I just wanted to know whether they tried removing or renaming Caps folder at any point during troubleshooting process.

However , I am glad to hear that the Apps are working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CC gone wrong again ; (

Apps OK, file sync OK but...

No visual indicator for what is synced or not... also can only share public links via the web UI...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines